Is TV bad for you?

Now I dont mean sitting down to an awesome film that moves you, or having a favourite TV show that you really like the story, actors, direction, concept etc.  

But as a general rule, is TV good for kids? General, mainstream, pay or free to air TV or would life be better without it? 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Is TV bad for you?

I am not sure kids spend much time watching TV now. If they want to/ are allowed to park themselves in front of a screen, then playing games on a computer seems to be their first choice. Watching DVD's also replaces TV watching.
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

TV is NEVER on in the day time at my place, too many other things to do   ..... My grandkids dont watch it much either, they are encouraged to do other things with their time

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

Globalists use TV to brainwash the population, from a very young age. Parrents put theit children in front of the TV, and thats their babysitter. TV is all they know so they are programed to believe what they see on the TV news. Like the false flag on 09/11/2001, sometimes one or more stray to the internet and discover the real truth that the US government staged the 9/11 attacks to take away freedoms and justify wars.

So no, TV is only a means, can be used for good, or bad, as long as the global elete have control over it, it will be used for bad. They seem to have a monopoly on TV, being that one can't legally own their own station without being under the FCC globalist control.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

I think people watching nothing but youtube..... will fry their brains......worse than t.v.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

Tinfoil Hat anyone????

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

@siggie-reported-by-alarmists wrote:

I think people watching nothing but youtube..... will fry their brains......worse than t.v.

Absolutely Siggie, some of the YT vids are going down roads David Icke doesn't even travel lol

In saying that though there are some excellent presentations and channels, just a matter of wading through the garbade to find the diamond in the rock.  But TV no matter how much wading you do, theres always more to go through because you have to sit and watch minute after minute of ads before the show you want to watch even comes on.  I mean you dont HAVE to sit there lol, but there are just so many ads.  At least with YT though you choose your viewing. 

I agree with some of your points too Joanie.  And 9/11 is a good example.  The mainstream media played a role in shaping peoples opinions after that event.  I dont want to get into a 9/11 debate.  But after watching the news coverage of the day, years later, coupled with the 9/11 commission report  (not a single mention of building 7) it's suss, imo.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

Get foxtel iq.

If you don't want to watch the adds....record a show, or delay the start. Then you have the ability to fast forward past adds, pause, rewind.

No one has to sit in front of adds......lol.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

Definitely bad.
Neighbours
Home and away
Bold and the beautiful
MKR
(insert country)'s got talent
Dancing with the stars
Supernatural
Sleepy hollow

And many more

All mind numbing trash
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Is TV bad for you?

Currently yes.

Very little control in place with this generation.

We were allowed 1 hour TV after school, that's all.

Weekends were always busy with activities, picnics or visiting family friends.

We were not particularly interested in it, still aren't.

Same with lollies, only on saturdays.

image host
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply