Is anyone going to the Boxing Sales

I'm not.

I have never been to one.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Is anyone going to the Boxing Sales

I used to go but really there aren't that many bargains to be had. It is really just a day out.

โ€œTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.โ€
โ€• Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

NUP, couldn't stand the crowds. Pushing & shoving. For what ???

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

No, could not think of anything worse ๐Ÿ™‚

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

I might head down to the local shopping centre for a look later, it's within walking distance so it's nice and easy. I can't be bothered going to any of the big centres, trying to park and fighting crowds, I can't be bothered with all that today. A lot of the big stores started their sales ore Christmas this year.

If I just walk down and it's too crowded I can just walk home again & I feel the walk will do me good today.
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

No idea what a boxing sale is, I've had to give any sales a pass for the past year or so do to just not having any money. I'd like to get back into the swing of things, I used to be pretty skilled at finding the best deals on things.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

HI Joanie, our Boxing day sales are a bit like your after thanksgiving day sales. you have a name for that day too don't you? I can't remember what you call it though. Was it "Black Friday"?

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

joanie

Very similar to your big Friday sales, I think it's your thanksgiving sales.

Huge discounts, clearance etc.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

here you go Joanie, this article explains it

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-26/australians-expected-to-spend-2b-at-boxing-day-sales/5988640

Australians are expected to spend about $2.1 billion in today's Boxing Day sales, according to the Australian Retailers Association (ARA).

Melbourne shops opened at 5:00am to thousands of eager shoppers, some whom had camped overnight, arriving as early as 7:30pm on Christmas Day.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

No, I don't want or need anything that would make coping with crowds worthwhile.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply