Ive had my LAST flu vax

Never again will I have a flu vaccine.  If I end up getting the flu sometime in the future my tough luck.  Had this years Quadri something whatever Tues 11th and my arm is still really really aching like almost to the bone.  3 to 4 hours after I had it I could hardly lift my arm for the pain.  The pain slowly subsided after about 4 days but just when I think its finally going I have another bad day with it.  Anyone else had this?  Ive never had it before with any flu vax. Interestingly the needle was inserted very high on the arm only about 3 cms below the shoulder.  Never had a vax that high up before.   Granted the pain will go in its own sweet time but can someone who has experienced this too give me an idea of some timeframe I'm looking at ?

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Ive had my LAST flu vax

i havent had this years yet but i will. i have not had a bad reaction from any of my flu vaxes in the past.

but even if my arm aches for a week i'd still carry on having them every year because flu can kill you! or make you extremly ill for a long time.

to stop ever having them seems over the top to me. perhaps you should talk to you doctor about this reaction you are having before making such a decision?

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I had a sore arm last year, but they told me to expect that.

It was sore for about a week.

I haven't had mine for this year, yet.      Prob next week.

I wouldn't go without one either.   My lungs are RS and a dose of flu

would prob kill me.

Take some pain killers.

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

I've never had one and never will. One of our ministers at church said a doctor told him he should have one and he told her, "If you knew how many people I've had to conduct funerals for after they had flu shots..." Apparently it didn't go down very well.
Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
I've never had one and never will. One of our ministers at church said a doctor told him he should have one and he told her, "If you knew how many people I've had to conduct funerals for after they had flu shots..." Apparently it didn't go down very well.

well when you die from a really bad flu dont come crying here saying 'i wish i'd had a flu shot'

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

Im glad you haven't had a bad reaction David but you might wonder what's going on as I do with the amount of pain Ive had if you have ever had similar. Obviously I will see my doctor if no joy soon. My understanding of any flu tax was one was supposed to have only a mild ache for maybe 2-3 days not intense pain still a week later.
Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

Stawka I have no compromised immune system or other medical condition which means Im in danger of carking it if I get the flu. No doubt if I did I would think twice about not having the vax. Pain killers yes Ive been taking but really don't see why I should need them after only a flu vax when I have moderate arthritis and don't take pain killers for that. In other words the pain from the fluvax is worse. It shouldn't be imo
Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

oops fluvax
Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Ive never heard of that Brerr I must admit - dying from the fluvax
Message 10 of 44
Latest reply