Community Member
Give the money to the RSPCA instead
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Melbourne cup day tip

I gave extra to greyhound rescue this year

A shame so many people are all too happy to fund abuse and cruelty but 'can't afford' to give to those who rescue,care for and rehabilitate animals instead

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Melbourne cup day tip

I gave extra to greyhound rescue this year

A shame so many people are all too happy to fund abuse and cruelty but 'can't afford' to give to those who rescue,care for and rehabilitate animals instead

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

'n another INNOCENT HORSE has been murdered for the sake of the almighly $$$$$

How anyone can call themselves an animal lover and still bet/have a sweep etc on this race is beyond me

RIP The Cliffsofmoher ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The horseโ€™s death will no doubt spark more outcry from animal rights activists after a string of deaths at the Melbourne Cup over the past five years.

In 2017, Regal Monarch died in Race 4 while Red Cadeaux was put down in 2015. The year before, race favourite Admire Ratki died from a heart attack and Araldo broke a leg and was euthanised in the same race.

119 horses died on Australian tracks between August 2017 and July 2018, according to PETA.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/11/06/cliffsofmoher-suffers-shocking-injury-during-melbourne-cup-201...

And yet we hear almost nothing of this.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

I can't say what I would like to say, and what I think

รฐลธยคยฌรฐลธยคยฌรฐลธยคยฌรฐลธยคยฌ

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

Am guessing  we are thinking the same thing enigmabear

I do say what I think re horse/dog racing and all other blood "sports"   .....

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

Oh same, out in the 'real world'

But here, where it would be 'bleeped' and removed by a mod anyway

Sickening still is people are all too well aware but still choose to give the 'it's not cruel' / the horses are treated well/ there's very rarely things like this happening. And other assorted carp while happily supporting the abuse and cruelty 

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

Yeah of couse they animals are treated well IF they are able to perform n makes heaps $$$ for their owner/s  .... If not well, I think we all know what happens to them

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Yeah of couse they animals are treated well IF they are able to perform n makes heaps $$$ for their owner/s 

Only a small percentage of them make "heaps" of $$$ and others might barely survive,(they call it the sport

of kings because you need lots of money to survive in the horse racing industry).

If not well, I think we all know what happens to them.

They are sold at a horse sale as they make great show jumpers and hacks for the show ring and for trail

riding as they don't shy at things in general,(over the years our daughter has had 10 ex racehorses that

she's used as hacks and has sold each one to someone else for the same purpose and she's currently

training another one).

I'm more concerned for our native wildlife and wetlands that is getting destroyed by feral cats,rabbits,foxes,

camels,water buffalo,feral pigs,goats,donkeys,wild horses,etc: http://www.australianwildlife.org/wildlife.aspx

It's estimated that 75 million native animals are killed every night and more areas are being destroyed,(which

also affects the wildlife),shok.gif

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Melbourne cup day tip

If you like/condone horse/dog racing that's up to you, I dont

Many, many greyhounds are pts each yr, cause they didnt make the grade, same goes for race horses. Only a small percentage are re homed, thus if you "think" they are all now living a life of luxury, you are very mistaken.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply