Motivational quotes

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced those who don't like motivational quotes are the ones who need them the most.

Message 1 of 234
Latest reply
233 REPLIES 233

Re: Motivational quotes

@jessicadazzler wrote:

For someone who posts schmaltzy motivational quotes you are pretty quick to stick the boot in when someone dares to disagree with you or ask you a question....your dig at mature ladies was completely unneccessary...did it make you feel superior in some way?

Not at all.

you make it sound like its wrong for a person to be content with who they are and where they are in their life journey.

There's a difference between being happy with what you're doing, and not. Hopefully thats not too hard to understand ๐Ÿ˜›

As for why people don't like inspirational/motivational quotes, jessica...have you ever thought that it might be because they simply don't...no underlying, deep meaning...they just don't like them.

Yes, I've considered it.

I think those who are happy with their life have reached a level of contentment that others continue to strive for. Nothing wrong with either. There are times when  a motivational quote will resonate and times when they don't.

Exactly!

Do you strive to be anything more than a stay at home daughter? Over here we call them dole bludgers.

Yes, but not 100% decided yet. I don't receive any Centrelink payments etc.

Hope that answers everything ๐Ÿ™‚

You would receive an educational allowance for your children. (Unless you are very rich).

Message 201 of 234
Latest reply

I don't have any kids ๐Ÿ˜›

And yes, I don't receive anything personally because the household income exceeds the maximum you can earn to receive payments.

Message 202 of 234
Latest reply

Smiley Wink

Message 203 of 234
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Message 204 of 234
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

Empty meaningless motivational quotes are a money maker, they are now on everything. Just like the Smiley face was in the 60's and 70's and the "Have a nice day" quote. 

they are purely to attract the unmotivated to buy them.

If I see anything with a "motivational quote" on it I will not buy it. Like the  vacuous "lifes a beach" claptrap, there are shops full of it.  

I find if you read a good historical novel it will give you more insight into life than anything else.

Saying that people who disagree with "motivational quotes" are the one's who need them the most? well I'll let others comment on that.

Message 205 of 234
Latest reply

Can't fault this one  -

Message 206 of 234
Latest reply

@biglolcat wrote:

"Just when you get ahead of the rat race,

along come the faster rats."

The version I've seen said:

If you want to win the rat race.....you've got to be a rat.

Smiley Wink

Message 207 of 234
Latest reply

ecar3483
Community Member

11apoln.jpg

Message 208 of 234
Latest reply

gigglepuss.gif

Message 209 of 234