My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

Yes, I really miss freddie, I might try and get in touch with her later today. It's been ages since we've had any communication at all
Message 5771 of 6,720
Latest reply

DSC01201 (640x480).jpgDSC01197 (640x480).jpg

Message 5772 of 6,720
Latest reply

Now that is very nice, I love the look of that white fence as a backdrop for the greenery some English box in the ground or in pots would look good there too. They are very easy to grow from cuttings, if I can do it anyone can lol I don't know why but I love the look of iceberg standard roses and English box together
Message 5773 of 6,720
Latest reply

I haven't heard from Freddie for a few weeks but mailed her this morning.  As far as I know she is ok.

Looking into a couple of raised garden beds for vegetables here - will watch with interest and see what Bushie does.

Message 5774 of 6,720
Latest reply

Vicr, I already have a water tank installed with a great run off to it because of the verandahs around the house and an overflow to the courtyard and front gardens if I want to use it, other wise I just let it flow onto the grass and follow the natural slope.

Debra I agree, this house is costing a small fortune to renovate but will be well worth it in the end. The inside is on hold atm, because the weather is way to good to be inside.
Message 5775 of 6,720
Latest reply

Is that the water feature, Rosie?  Is it smooth surfaced? Or has it channels for the water to make it's flow zigzag?  

Bit difficult for me to make out.  I love the sound of water trickling or bubbling around the yard.

DEB

Message 5776 of 6,720
Latest reply

Oh that looks lovely Rosie, easy to maintain, I really like the water feature.

My raised beds will be more functinal than fancy, they are being built from a pile of timber pallets we were given for nothing

Message 5777 of 6,720
Latest reply

It has a ribbed surface and small light in the top - makes a lovely sound.

Message 5778 of 6,720
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

New steps  and garden, now to work on what to do with the front path

DSCN2235.JPG

Bushie

What colour are you painting the steps or are you leaving them as wood, au natural ?

Path ?

Patterned concrete ?

Message 5779 of 6,720
Latest reply

Vicr  All the treated pine will be left to "weather" , the plan atm is to cover the concrete path with pebbles and stepping pavers, wont be happening untill all the front gardens are done in the cooler months, the ground is way to hard atm, to touch it

Message 5780 of 6,720
Latest reply