My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

See post # 82

Message 171 of 193
Latest reply

• The 30-year-old mother of the baby was charged with attempted murder
  • Boy was put in drain on Tuesday afternoon after birth at 1am that morning 
  • A family member told Daily Mail Australia the family was rallying together
  • Neighbours describe the family as deeply religious and family-oriented
  • Claims woman concealed her pregnancy from family and the baby's father
  • The mother reportedly named her child after he was found in the drain
  • Reports that the child suffered bleeding on the brain due to his ordeal

Message 172 of 193
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

See post # 82

Yes, very interesting article.  Some people can be in denial.  What puzzles me is that the hospital let her go.  I mean she had the baby and was sent on her way, all alone, to get on a bus.  There should have been signs that not all is right, just the fact that there is nobody to collect her should have rang alarm bells. 

And yes, I know people who when they found out they are pregnant left their job, went interstate, had the baby, adopted it out and came back as if nothing happened.  Also, woman with generous proportions can hide pregnancy, from others as well as herself, lot better than slim woman. 

We do not know when she realised she was pregnant, we do not know if her family would disown her, we do not know if she was in denial because the pregnancy was the result of rape.  What we do know is that she was not rational, if she was rational she would have put the baby for adoption.  It would have been much simple option.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 173 of 193
Latest reply

@siggie-reported-by-alarmists wrote:

@punch*drunk wrote:

My sister didnt tell us about a couple of her pregnancies. We did find out about them before she gave birth because she was pretty skinny and couldnt really hide the fact. Probably totally different reasons than in this case though. I have known some girls to hide pregnancies, one girl I know hid twins until a week before she gave birth, they were teenagers though.

The age of the mother seems relevant to me.

I'm finding it hard to believe a 30yr old would be unable to disclose a pregnancy.

Teenagers, I can understand.

You were not born into the same family, deeply religious, Polynesian (as reported). 

I wonder how long she has lived in Australia for, why she came here, did she work etc.

I doubt the hospital let her go.. she would have just up and walked off.. baby still in hospital blanket.

She didn't  steal another persons baby so I doubt there was much they could do about it.

siggie - if she was in denial, worried about what would happen she probably didn't have any plans for when the baby was born

Keli Lane didn't want her first baby.. she never made any plans. The baby was never seen again 24 hours or so after she left hospital with it.

Message 174 of 193
Latest reply

You don't know my dad: Keli Lane's secret fear

...And yet police phone intercepts and interviews made public at Lane's trial demonstrate how terrified she was of him finding out about the pregnancies, the missing child and the police investigation - so much so that she feared he might take away the daughter she gave birth to in 2001 and kept.

In a 2004 police interview, Lane told detectives: ''There's no way, if my parents found out, that they'll let me keep her … You don't know my dad. Can you imagine what he will do?''

Mr Lane did not grant The Sun-Herald's request for an interview.

A family friend, who refused to be named, said Lane had grown up in ''constant fear'' of her disciplinarian father. ''Keli and her brother Morgan were petrified of their dad … She was so scared of failing him, whether it be at school, in sport, anything.''

Mr Lane was an outstanding surfer from Manly in the early days of the sport in Australia. In the 1960s, he, Glynn Ritchie and Nipper Williams - all Manly locals - were known as the ''Bower Boys'' because they surfed the reef break at Fairy Bower.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/you-dont-know-my-dad-keli-lanes-secret-fear-20101218-191bg.html#ixzz3K3pV8...

Message 175 of 193
Latest reply

What of the baby's father?  No mention of him?

Does he want the boy?  Or the paternal family?

If I was the baby's paternal grandmother,  I would fight tooth and nail to get

that baby.  

The authorities must have contacted him by now.

Message 176 of 193
Latest reply

If the mother of the baby won't tell who is the father of the baby.. then the authorities can't contact him (although they do want to). I believe the family don't know who he is either. The mother broke up with him early in the pregnancy and he didn't know about the baby either (as reported).

Message 177 of 193
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

See post # 82

What happens in #82?

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 178 of 193
Latest reply

Another thing to throw into the mix, if the father is not an Au citizen, the baby will not be an Australian and may well be sent to Samoa to his grandparents.

Message 179 of 193
Latest reply

Love all the "conspiracy" theories   .....

Message 180 of 193
Latest reply