My poor cute Betta fish is sick :(

Our beloved Sharky is sick, he is not himself. He always used to greet me in the morning waging his tail

left to right and dancing his little dance in the water and for second day he is just hanging in the water

all sad looking. i am tyring to find a cure but not going well.. so sad for the little fellow make me want to cry.

Even the littlest of things have only one life to live and he was enjoying it to the fullest... and such a joy

to be around..

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Poor little sharky. They like warm yucky water, and too much food kills them. I had one for well over 2 years. I fed mine a tiny bit of food, every other day. 

He might have a fish disease called ick. If he has a white spotty look to him,  go to the fish store and get the drops to put in the water. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
no siggy
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Do you use an undergravel filter? I used that and a power filter. Water changes every 2 weeks in a 40 gallon tank, when i steered up the gravel to get the nasty up in the tank before the water change, you couldn't hardly see the fish

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Yep under gravel filters and a huge external pump/filter, my tank is 4foot x 2foot x2foot just for the two of them!
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply