My poor cute Betta fish is sick :(

Our beloved Sharky is sick, he is not himself. He always used to greet me in the morning waging his tail

left to right and dancing his little dance in the water and for second day he is just hanging in the water

all sad looking. i am tyring to find a cure but not going well.. so sad for the little fellow make me want to cry.

Even the littlest of things have only one life to live and he was enjoying it to the fullest... and such a joy

to be around..

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

sorry to hear that. Do you know how old Sharky is?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Unfortunately it appears they only live for 2 years
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Ohhhh I'm sorry to hear that ๐Ÿ˜ž
I love fish, they are such characters....hoping he comes around for you.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

If the betta is a male and it is languishing, put a mirror in front of it and if the fins still hang dowm and there is no excitement then I am afraid fishie he not got long to live ๐Ÿ˜ž

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

So sad. ๐Ÿ˜ž  I hope little Sharky makes it.  Betta's are so smart, and beautiful too.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

So sorry about your pet, I used to have a pair of Oscars, got them when they were small and they quickly outgrew the tank i had them in. My own fault as I was warned about feeding them too much. Easally the healtest and heartyest pet tropical fish I ever had. They were the friendlyest also. They would take food out of anyone's hand, (smaller fish is what they prefered to eat) ideally goldfish, but I would opt to save money by buying minnows at a bait shop, hence, the overfeeding. let you pet them, and loved it. I had to give them up to someone with a bigger tank who could better care for them. Last I heard they were still growing.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry about your fish, love. Nice little critters, them fightin' fish. Ay!

betta.png

Darn good sock
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Darn good sock
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I have a pair of oscars! We have been through 5 tanks so far but I think they are fully grown now, about 30cm long, If not I'm going to put them in the pool! Lol They can live up to 70 years! I'm going to have to will them to one of my kids!
I have a fighting fish that is doing the same, I'll try the mirror but he is over two years old? ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply