Peter Dutton's South African Farmers

A conservative push to resettle "persecuted" white South African farmers in Australia is gaining momentum with several MPs calling for a special humanitarian intake.

WA Liberal Ian Goodenough, whose electorate is home to one of the largest South African expat communities, said Australia accepted thousands of extra refugees from Syria in a one-off special intake and should do the same for white farmers "fleeing persecution".

"Violence and suffering affects all people universally," he told the ABC.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-16/persecuted-white-south-african-farmers-resettlement-gaining-mo...

Senator Di Natale called it remarkable Mr Dutton would seek to give preferential treatment to people on the basis of their skin colour.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-16/south-africa-wants-apology-from-dutton-over-farmers-comment...

You have to be of Middle Eastern appearance or non-white Afican to be a refugee?

Gimme a break!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Peter Dutton's South African Farmers

@not_for_sale2024wrote:

@icyfrothwrote:
But if thousands of Syrians can "jump the queue " by special dispensation, why call it "racist" because this particular group needing assistance happens to be white?

Icy, I know I am a little off topic, but I think it is because it is the politically correct response in their eyes. The intent is to arouse the people and re-direct us away from the heart of the issue.

I used to know a girl who joined the Young Liberal Party because she genuinely wanted to contribute to solutions to the social and community issue at the time. She was a sincere and good person. She only lasted a few months and when I caught up with her, she was deeply depressed. She told me that she became disillusioned because very few people in the Party seemed to care about the issues at the time. She said the vast majority were focused on their career path and how to support the main Party to attain government. It really upset me, but opened my eyes because they broke her spirit.

I think it is important that we try and be wise to the sneaky and dirty, but clever tactics of politicians.

Thank you NFS. I don't quite get your point, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@icyfrothwrote:
There has been much "haggling" over this grop too. The suggestion has been made that their farming skills would benefit Australia.
Not quite sure how that would fly, as so many Australian farmers Are being forced off their land by drought, bank foreclosures, retailer predation etc.

And how would they handle Australian farming conditions without their cheap Kaffir labourers to prop up their labour force. Most of these farmers were in business during the apartheid time when they ruled their mini-kingdoms on the back of cheap labour

Look what happened in Zimbabwe, formerly known as Rhodesia, once the white farmers were driven off:

"In Zimbabwe, farmland has been a central issue in the African nation’s violent struggles over race. Fifteen years ago, the government began seizing property from thousands of white farmers and giving it to blacks as recompense for the abuses of colonial rule. But now, as agricultural output stalls, black landowners are quietly reaching out to white farmers who were thrown off their land."

I do get this:

"For whites who were stripped of their property, Mugabe’s policy of land reform amounted to theft. For blacks who profited from the redistribution, it was justice after nearly a century in which a small group of British settlers and their descendants controlled the country. The rift between those perspectives has long appeared unbridgeable."

However:

But with the economy spiraling downward, the “joint partnerships” are becoming more common. Black landowners retain their rights to the property but share the profits with whites, who live and work on the farms as managers or consultants, sometimes bringing their equipment as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/zimbabwe-seized-white-farmers-land-now-some-are-being-in...

South Africa should take note.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@icyfrothwrote:

@icyfrothwrote:
There has been much "haggling" over this grop too. The suggestion has been made that their farming skills would benefit Australia.
Not quite sure how that would fly, as so many Australian farmers Are being forced off their land by drought, bank foreclosures, retailer predation etc.

And how would they handle Australian farming conditions without their cheap Kaffir labourers to prop up their labour force. Most of these farmers were in business during the apartheid time when they ruled their mini-kingdoms on the back of cheap labour

"Look what happened in Zimbabwe, formerly known as Rhodesia, once the white farmers were driven off:"

Sorry, I thought we were talking about South Africa. But, I think politics/practices in both places are different, there may be some comparisons in the leadership changes of both countries, in Zimbabwe  however the country was taken over by a despot who viciously persecuted his own people as well as the whites.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@tezza2844wrote:

@icyfrothwrote:

@icyfrothwrote:

"Look what happened in Zimbabwe, formerly known as Rhodesia, once the white farmers were driven off:"

Sorry, I thought we were talking about South Africa. But, I think politics/practices in both places are different, there may be some comparisons in the leadership changes of both countries, in Zimbabwe  however the country was taken over by a despot who viciously persecuted his own people as well as the whites

The question then is...do Black African rulers want to go back to ancient black rule with all it's despotism and nepotism and, yes slavery.

Dont' think Black Africa didn't use black slave labour from conquest of other tribes..

Or do they want to move forward and co-operate with white ideas for their black rule?

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I think for this thread the question should be, why has mr dutton chosen the south african farmers to put a welcome mat out for and not all the other people in many other countrys where they are being persecuted?

and why use the term 'white' when describing them. even if they are white, using that word imediately turns the talk to colour of the persons skin.

but then peters not the sharpest tool in the box

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I prefer to call a spade a spade,david. He's an ultra right wing racist is what he is.
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@icyfrothwrote:

The question then is...do Black African rulers want to go back to ancient black rule with all it's despotism and nepotism and, yes slavery.

Dont' think Black Africa didn't use black slave labour from conquest of other tribes..

Or do they want to move forward and co-operate with white ideas for their black rule?

I guess this may sum up your attitude very clearly-White is right no matter what else ,and yes black used black as slaves just as white used white and black and yellow as slaves

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@tezza2844wrote:

@icyfrothwrote:

I guess this may sum up your attitude very clearly-White is right no matter what else ,and yes black used black as slaves just as white used white and black and yellow as slaves

I guess this may sum up your attitude very clearly-White is right no matter what else.

Not at all...I think it's deplorable the way the whites went into Africa, seizing ancient tribal territories for farming or mining and enslaving the natives to work them. They were cruel and brutal in the pursuit of of riches and profit in order to live obscene lifetyles back in Europe and England..

Not just in Africa, either. But that's another topic.

However. There's no going back, and killing off white farmers and taking over their farms is not going to help any black farming enterprise if they want to farm in the way whites have been.

I inderstand they should have their land back and totally agree. They have 2 choices, though. Go back to living the hunting and gathering way their ancestors did a few generations ago, or learn to use the farming techniques the whites used when they had the farms,

I think the Zimbabwean solutiion is the better way to go forward for South Africa

"But with the economy spiraling downward, the “joint partnerships” are becoming more common. Black landowners retain their rights to the property but share the profits with whites, who live and work on the farms as managers or consultants, sometimes bringing their equipment as well."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/zimbabwe-seized-white-farmers-land-now-some-are-being-in...

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply