Phone charge question

meh_too
Community Member

Last night I called my son in the Netherlands for 5 minutes.  However when I got up this morning my OH tells me that I did not hang up the phone properly.  Does this mean I will be charged until he he hung up the phone this morning?  

I am sick with this.  Smiley Sad   I have been trying to get this kid home for 2 months and I just cant afford any more money dramas with him. Its cost me thousands already.  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Phone charge question

Have you lost someone recently? Please accept my apologies if I've offended - was only meaning to have a laugh at families and money - particularly the concept of kids paying you back. I've always said that you wouldn't have kids for the gratitude, but it would be nice to ocassionally be aknowledged for your efforts!

Again, my apologies for any offence.

Marina.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

The cost of overseas calls usually depends on what time you make the call.....our time.

I call my friend in Wisconsin after 11 pm here.....early morning their time.

$3 for about 15 minutes.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I have a telstra phone app where I can check calls and charges. It comes in handy.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@nevillesdaughter wrote:

Still laughing hysterically at the concept of a kid paying you back!!!!  I'm 56 and my father says he's not making a will until my siblings and I settle the accounts, because he still hasn't recovered financially from the cost of raising, feeding and educating us.

I have 3 teenagers still in education, so it's not likely he'll see anything from me in a hurry.

If he dies intestate, we still get whatever there is don't we?

Cheers,

Marina.

My 'kid' is 25, been away for nearly 4 years, and he is paying back every penny  Cat Very Happy

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks trustmee. I'll check that out:-)
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

A Skype call costs nothing and there's web-cam to boot. Can't think why anyone would spend longer on an international phone call than it takes to say "See you on Skype in a minute or so".

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Of course, I'm talking about Skype from a home or office computer. Skype via a mobile phone will quickly  chew through your data allowance, or so I'm told.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply