Photo Challenge #11 ~ Theme is flowers

Theme is 'flowers

Everyone is welcome to enter ..... Anyone can give kudos                                               

Photo MUST be your own work  .......Photo enhancement is permitted, but must be your own work                             

Winner is the poster with the most kudos  .... Winner hosts/chooses the next theme                

This challenge closes on Friday, July 14h at around 6pm Sydney time 

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Photo Challenge #11 ~ Theme is flowers

Good question, but obviously the answer is no.

I think Band needs to be reminded that it is not a photo competition, but a challenge.

Expert photography is not a requirement for these challenges.

Just a photo of the chosen subject 

Message 51 of 60
Latest reply

Until I checked the results upon arising this morning, I had not opened the theme after submitting my work.  I will make a greater effort to be more attentive in the future.

Message 52 of 60
Latest reply

That would be a good idea and imo more courteous to your fellow photographers who make the effort to award kudos to others .

Interesting to note tho' that there were already 19 photographs posted before you submitted your first of eleven , none of which you 'noticed' obviously .

Message 53 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

....... it is not a photo competition, but a challenge.

First I must say that I have no vested interest and it is unlikely that I will ever enter a photo....I just enjoy looking and voting.  I marvel at the standard of photograpy and the beauty of the subjects.

I used to be a good photographer but digital cameras and putting photos on the internet have me beat.

But what is the difference between a challenge and a competition?

Message 54 of 60
Latest reply

I thought that explained it. 

When Pimpy ran the original thread, some of the subjects were hard for some people.

e.g. - Someone would win and put up a beach challenge.   A lot of posters were inland,

and had no chance of putting up a photo, unless they delved into their old holiday pics.

That's when it became a challenge.

Message 55 of 60
Latest reply

I wondered that as well Lyndal   ... kinda like the "difference" between a tax n a levy I guess lol

Who cares if other posters vote or dont vote on other posters pics  ..... I never check who ( if anyone ) has put a kudos on any of my pics  .....  

Message 56 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I thought that explained it. 

When Pimpy ran the original thread, some of the subjects were hard for some people.

e.g. - Someone would win and put up a beach challenge.   A lot of posters were inland,

and had no chance of putting up a photo, unless they delved into their old holiday pics.

That's when it became a challenge.

So if you are a good photographer you are not supposed to enter this Challenge?   That is a disappointing attitude.

I have number of old photos that have won prizes in International photography competitions but they would not be welcome here....even if I did know how to post them on the internet.

Message 57 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

So if you are a good photographer you are not supposed to enter this Challenge?   That is a disappointing attitude.

I have number of old photos that have won prizes in International photography competitions but they would not be welcome here....even if I did know how to post them on the internet.

How on earth did you arrive at that?

Lyndal, any photo is welcome.  Nothing wrong in submitting professional ones.

Just has to be your own work.

If you know how to scan the photo into the computer, then that's acceptable, I reckon.

The point is, they are not judged on how expertly the photo was taken, how crisp

and clean the image, or anything like that.

Just if you enjoyed the subject, I s'pose.    That's when you kudo.

It doesn't automatically mean you would win with an award-winning photo.  

Only if enough posters kudo it.

That's my take on it anyway.

I'm not the judge of these photos - just giving an opinion, based on how Pimpy

ran the thread before.

Message 58 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Good question, but obviously the answer is no.

I think Band needs to be reminded that it is not a photo competition, but a challenge.

This is the post that prompted me to ask what is the difference between a competition and a challenge....and subsequently assume that good/professional photographers are not welcome here.

Years ago I used to develop my own black and white photos and I worked with my first husband as a wedding photographer....we did the lot...took the photos, developed them and printed the final photos.  We even had a colourist for the hand coloured orders.

My second OH owned a camera store when we first married.

I guess this makes me a professional or at least a semi professional.

Message 59 of 60
Latest reply

I thought the bolded part was the clue - not a requirement

I didn't say expert/professional photography is not accepted.

I think when it first started, people were only kudoing the excellent photographers,

and not the 'home snapper'.

Amateur photographers got a bit disheartened.  

Then when the ball got rolling, the 'expert' photographers thought they were not

appreciated for their talents.   

Related image(Waves to Poddy)

As I said, the photo only has to be appreciated by the posters on here - for whatever

reason, for them to kudo it.

Message 60 of 60
Latest reply