Q&A tonight

Some of the questions really made my eyes roll.

What a give me give me, nation we live in.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Q&A tonight

to blue cat

I haven;t watched  ot yet. I recorded it because I thought that that much Joe Hockey just before bed would either keep me awake or give me nightmares.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

it will give you reflux inclinations

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

@silverfaun wrote:

It was ludicrous to see the hatred in their faces when Mr Hockey disproved their accusations. A set up audience but Mr Hockey did a wonderful job even with all the interruptions and trying to shut him down by Jones.

Great job Joe Heart

Were we watching the same show??

He didn't disprove anything because he didn't answer anything. Jones let him ramble on and ONLY "shut him down" when he rambled too far from the question and the original audience member wanted/needed to clarify in order to get him back on track.

The only major interruption occurred at the start when someone heckled him and Jones handled that swiftly and firmly and it didn't happen again.

The only person that got "shut down" was Jones when Hockey would arrogantly put his palm in Jones face to stop Jones from requesting him to stick to topic.

He had a whole hour to prove himself with no interruptions, no debate and with a predominantly LNP audience. And yet he still came across as seriously untrustworthy and untruthful.

There were conditions attached to his appearance. 

No heckling from audience

No pressure to answer from Jones

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
What a pity he couldn't have shown some integrity and been a little more truthful though.

You left out compassion, that was severely lacking.

Photobucket
Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

@silverfaun wrote:

It was ludicrous to see the hatred in their faces when Mr Hockey disproved their accusations. A set up audience but Mr Hockey did a wonderful job even with all the interruptions and trying to shut him down by Jones.

Great job Joe Heart

A set up audience? Really?

image.jpg

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

Rose coloured glasses some wear. Not aimed at you Lurker.
Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

@izabsmiling wrote:

Did any answers make your eyes roll Crystal or only the questions from your fellow (?) Australians ?

Sorry I don't know for if you are an Aussie or not...I just assumed and I shouldn't.

Yep, true blue Aussie Iza.

The stupid questions made my eyes roll, the Tresurer was just repeating himself and I had to wonder if these people had read the news at all.

It's like they didn't even want to listen to him.

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

Crystal, there wasn't much to listen to, he continually repeated his rehearsed spiel, he failed to answer the questions being asked of him, he was a JOKE.

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Crystal, there wasn't much to listen to, he continually repeated his rehearsed spiel, he failed to answer the questions being asked of him, he was a JOKE.

I heard heaps of answers, I even made hubby sit down to listen to the show cause he had had a few questions himself.  He too found it quite informative.

Just to let everyone know we are neither labor or lib people.

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:
I nodded off

Azure, you have said on more than one occasion that you think Hockey doesn't look well.  I am watching QandA atm, and agree with you.  He has the pasty look of a cardiac patient, and I would not be surprised if he collapses before the hour is over or soon after.  I know he didn't, of course, but he certainly is not well.

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

I think he did a great job trying to sell a hard budget... people always hate it when you take something away from them... I can remember the disapproval when Howard was giving this money away and now that Joe is trying to rein it all in they hate him too... 

What about all the Boo's throught??? Set up Audience for sure... 

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply