Remember when...

josie_q
Community Member

Been done countless times I know. But geez I miss the days of chinwag and crazy Friday nigths. Where there were pages of posts and you were flat out keeping up. Have some fond memories of the characters who frequented. Time moves on I know. But it was kinda special. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Remember when...

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are a bit late starting this thread.....most of the regulars have gone by now.

You are more likely to get replies in the morning.

But I do agree with you....in the "good old days" you could spend all day and all night on the boards.  There was no lack of posters at any time of the day or nght.

Now you can catch up on a whole day's activity in an hour or so.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I miss the Chinwag and The Round Table! 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

josie_q
Community Member

It was a heap of fun..  especially with the number of pink slaps handed out. The mods earned their keep back then. I wonder where some of the regulars are now. Crystal?😂

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

josie_q
Community Member

Tripping down memory lane with the last threads. 

Duffy - always being banned, but such fun. 

Gilly

bob in his many guises

I know where rosymog  is

martini

azureline

darky

freddie

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Freddie is still around.  She's just had a knee replacment, so isn't on the boards right now.

The others have drifted off onto other forums with new ID's

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

josie_q
Community Member

I guess fb has taken over too. Easier and more immediate. Without the moderation. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I dont know about ten years ago but 5 + years ago the feminist mafia club and the Labor lubbers club that howled down anyone with a different point of view probably drove a few away too.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

they didn't drive me away used to love a good slanging match with them Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@chameleon54wrote:

I dont know about ten years ago but 5 + years ago the feminist mafia club and the Labor lubbers club that howled down anyone with a different point of view probably drove a few away too.

i think it works both ways

but its harder to stand up for liberal views when the liberal/national coalition is doing such a great job (LOL)

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply