Robot vacuum cleaner

I lost my cleaning lady  😞

But in the way it is a relief; between me, with all sorts of creative pursuits, and my animals, this place is always a chaos, and it takes me best part of a day to bring the place up to condition that i can actually expect anybody to clean here.  Before I got the lady to clean, I would do just one room one day and then few days later another room, so it was manageable, but my back does not let me to vacuum. 
Anyway, I decided i want a really good little robotic thingy, that can wonder around and pick up hair and what ever debris the pups leaves around, and then once in a while I might get somebody to do sort of big clean up.  I know lot of them are all but useless, and i do not trust the "reviews", which anybody's uncle can post. 
Does anybody have one that they are happy with?  My American relatives have Neato Botvac D85  but not many places have them here, and they are pricey.  I would not mind to pay that but would like to hear from more people about other brands - needs to go over hard floors and rugs.
thanks in advance.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Robot vacuum cleaner

@imastawka wrote:

This is her speshul cupboard for them

Image result for vacuum cleaner collection

I think they come out on a full moon or sumfin'

Oh put a sock in it sis.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

and-there-standing-in-the-doorway-she-saw-the-vacuum-27702300.png

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

@domino-710 wrote:

OK Super,

Let me tell you about Robbie.

He is IRobot - now a few years old - but still the best thing since sliced bread - to say nothing of a pets best friend.

That sounds perfct, but is it this one  iRobot Roomba 860 Robot Vacuum Cleaner  or ist it this one iRobot Roomba 880 Robot Vacuum

iRobot Roomba 880 Robot Vacuum

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

My Robbie is a tad older.

But still going strong.

He is the light of my life.

Just an aside - at least once a month - give it a good vac with a biggy.

But for daily chores - Robbie is my friend.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

25c70547cf047990b59cc37f0e996d713756473b822bd0938f0dab2bf34646da.jpg

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

cleaner.jpg

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

My second best friend.

The first is the one playing.

IMG_20170521_094100.jpg

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

@domino-710 wrote:

My Robbie is a tad older.

But still going strong.

He is the light of my life.

Just an aside - at least once a month - give it a good vac with a biggy.

But for daily chores - Robbie is my friend.

My sister has a robot vac & seems happy with it but like you, she still does a 'proper' vacuum too.

For anyone with a bad back, a kirby vaccuum cleaner is magic. They look ungainly but they are have a rigid high handle. No bending. But the real bonus is when they are on autoglide. The thing will almost move forward by itself, it feels so light. And it gets the inground dirt like nothing else.

Disadvantages-not great for under low furniture, & cost. They will last for 20+ years though.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

images (61).jpeg

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

I have an iRobot Roomba 880 and it's pretty good. 

Some things to know. 

It's small so it doesn't hold as much fluff etc as a regular vacuum cleaner so you have to clean it more often...but it's easy to do. 

If you can, check one out and see how you go picking it up as you will have to bend down to pick it up to clean it.

If it is cleaning some distance away from the base it may run out of battery power before it gets back to recharge.  Mine does warn me when it's full and needs emptying, or recharging but it's not so loud I can hear it from anywhere in the house.  So sometimes I have to go and search for it.

Unlike Sharkcat on YouTube, my cat is very nervous of it.  Some pets are. Sometimes I know where the cleaner is by the sudden appearance of a tabby streak than has fled from a particular room. 🙂

I once dropped a container of dry cat food all over the kitchen floor and because I was ill, I couldn't pick it all up.  I turned on the iRobot and it easily vacuumed up the lot.

If you put one of the virtual walls near your pet's food and water dishes the iRobot will keep clear of them.

Compare prices.  I actually took a punt and bought one off eBay (from a company) as it was cheaper than in ths shops. It was (I think) one of those returned ones after the TV promotion of trying them for a month or whatever it was, with the option of returning it.  It came with all the parts, all in original packaging and with a full warranty.  It works perfectly.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply