Robot vacuum cleaner

I lost my cleaning lady  😞

But in the way it is a relief; between me, with all sorts of creative pursuits, and my animals, this place is always a chaos, and it takes me best part of a day to bring the place up to condition that i can actually expect anybody to clean here.  Before I got the lady to clean, I would do just one room one day and then few days later another room, so it was manageable, but my back does not let me to vacuum. 
Anyway, I decided i want a really good little robotic thingy, that can wonder around and pick up hair and what ever debris the pups leaves around, and then once in a while I might get somebody to do sort of big clean up.  I know lot of them are all but useless, and i do not trust the "reviews", which anybody's uncle can post. 
Does anybody have one that they are happy with?  My American relatives have Neato Botvac D85  but not many places have them here, and they are pricey.  I would not mind to pay that but would like to hear from more people about other brands - needs to go over hard floors and rugs.
thanks in advance.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Robot vacuum cleaner

OK Super,

Let me tell you about Robbie.

He is IRobot - now a few years old - but still the best thing since sliced bread - to say nothing of a pets best friend.

He is not too noisy - goes under couches & beds - some don't they detect a valance or whatever & don't go there.

He has stairs to cope with - has never fallen yet - he detects a stair and turns.

I have carpet upstairs - wooden floors  with carpets/rugs - downstairs - he conquers the lot.

I purchased extra  'virtual walls' - these are thingys that keep him in one area - without those he will just roam.

Any questions - he will be happy to answer.

PS the dog thinks Robbie is her bestie - she is fascinated by him.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

19 REPLIES 19

Robot vacuum cleaner

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Dom's got about 11 vacuum cleaners.  One called Robbie.

She'll be along shortly to tell you all about him, I'm sure

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

"Dom's got about 11 vacuum cleaners.  One called Robbie"

You are so wicked Stawks!! .......  Woman LOL

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

robot.jpg

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

Robot-Overlords-clean-floors-meme.jpg

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

b2f95498644ad4e239ceb09ce190b4e8.jpg

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

@tasfleur wrote:

But, but, but Tas.........cleaning glasses smiley.gif.........I was serious.

She does have about 11 vacuum cleaners, and one is a robotic one she calls Robbie.

I haven't heard her complain about the job it does, so I figure it must be a good one.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

OK Super,

Let me tell you about Robbie.

He is IRobot - now a few years old - but still the best thing since sliced bread - to say nothing of a pets best friend.

He is not too noisy - goes under couches & beds - some don't they detect a valance or whatever & don't go there.

He has stairs to cope with - has never fallen yet - he detects a stair and turns.

I have carpet upstairs - wooden floors  with carpets/rugs - downstairs - he conquers the lot.

I purchased extra  'virtual walls' - these are thingys that keep him in one area - without those he will just roam.

Any questions - he will be happy to answer.

PS the dog thinks Robbie is her bestie - she is fascinated by him.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

@tasfleur wrote:

It's a thing Tas - some like cats - I have vacs.

She isn't pulling your chain.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Robot vacuum cleaner

This is her speshul cupboard for them

Image result for vacuum cleaner collection

I think they come out on a full moon or sumfin'
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply