Rudd pats disabled woman's head

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/07/10/15/13/head-patting-the-disabled-disrespectful

And people think this man is PM material???? 

But I guess he is a somebody again so it really does not matter who he pats on the head... so long as he can pat himself on the back for getting his old job back. 

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Did the lady he patted her head complain? She looks pretty happy with his interaction (including a bit of a hug) with her in the video.

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

Politicians pat babies' heads too. it;s just as patronizing and self-serving.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Looks more like ruffling her hair than patting her head also.

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Looks very normal and affectionate Cat Mad

Keep trying though, I thought he looked quite mad a few years ago.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

OMG.. that fact she did not complain is totally irrelevant. many disabled people can't complain... it is the nature of their disability that means they can't communicate as we might..  do you pat anyone on the head after you have a conversation with them???

Do you do that to anyone that you consider your equal???? 

I know many disabled people... I work with them as well... I would never dream of patting anyone on the head... or even ruffling their hair...  

That woman was not a child... she is a mature woman... I wonder how Terese Rein would feel if someone patted her on the head after one of her meetings??? 

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

Do you know how old the disabled person is? In some news stories she is referred to as a girl.

She looks happy in the video with the attention Kevin is giving her. She is not pushing him away from her or looking angry or upset.

She would have had a carer with her, if she isn't able to speak, then the carer will be able to tell whether she was happy or got upset with her interaction from Mr Rudd.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Did you read the article at all AM3??? 

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

Yes, I did. A person who was not there, nor knows the disabled woman wrote it, also threw in the bit about short statured woman.. a big rant.

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Did you watch the video clip CB? Does the disabled person look upset or annoyed?

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply