Should the Burqa be banned in Australia

nero_bolt
Community Member

Should the Burqa and Niqab be banned in Australia?

mangisi-niqab-burqa-hijab.jpg

Message 1 of 1,581
Latest reply
1,580 REPLIES 1,580

Re: Should the Burqa be banned in Australia

@am*3 wrote:

IT would make a HUGE difference.

Whether a Govt planned to introduce

A ban on face coverings 

or 

A ban on wearing the burqa and/or

the niqab.

so where did the confusion come from?

A memo from the Department of Parliamentary Services released said: “persons with facial coverings entering the galleries of the House of Representatives and Senate will be seated in the enclosed galleries.

This will ensure that persons with facial coverings can continue to enter the Chamber galleries, without needing to be identifiable”.

Message 1471 of 1,581
Latest reply

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

Hasn't that been happening for quite some time now?

Yes, it is the law in some States. NSW & WA.. not sure about in other States.

Message 1472 of 1,581
Latest reply

At the next election I am only voting for political parties that will ban the burka. I have voted liberal all my life but I cannot continue voting for a party that bows down to foreign ideologies and extremists.

http://riseupaustraliaparty.com/

Rise Up Australia Party are determined to ban it!

I am sure there are others too so I will be choosing one of them to vote for!

Message 1473 of 1,581
Latest reply

'so where did the confusion come from?'

Abbott - video in this link

http://media.smh.com.au/news/federal-politics/pm-wishes-people-wouldnt-wear-the-burqa-5832578.html

Tony Abbott says he doesn't support banning the burqa, but admits he finds it "confronting" and wishes people wouldn't wear it.

Message 1474 of 1,581
Latest reply

A PRE-ELECTION (VIC) publicity stunt by the Rise Up Australia Party has fallen flat.

Oct 8, 2014

Party members headed to Dandenong mall today to ask women wearing burqas to remove their veils

But when no burqa-wearing women crossed the Party’s path, members were left to hand out campaign brochures

Meanwhile, the majority of passers-by rejected their call for a burqa ban, instead telling Leader people had a right to wear whatever they wanted.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/south-east/no-burqas-in-sight-as-rise-up-australia-party-plan-to-...

Message 1475 of 1,581
Latest reply

Now am3 you are being ridiculous by posting facts and truths. You know it goes against what some would prefer to believe.Smiley Very Happy

They have been caught out bald facing lying in this fiasco. Either Tony Abbott is lying or Bronwyn Bishop is lying. That is fact. The Prime Minister claimed he spoke to Bronwyn Bishop about the matter and Bronwyn Bishop states categorically that he did not speak to her. As she firmly stated in Parliament yesterday when asked, "Ïn a word, No". So which one of them is misleading parliament. And why isn't the MSN screaming blue murder for someone's head for it. Oh wait..........

Photobucket

Message 1476 of 1,581
Latest reply

The 2 major parties seem to bow down, we need a party that means business and does what it says, no backflips.

I don't know about you but I want Australia kept Australian. We don't need anymore immigrants it needs to end.

Message 1477 of 1,581
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

Hasn't that been happening for quite some time now?

I don't know. Has it?

Heard of Carnita Matthews?  New law in NSW ( police and other authorities given the power to demand the removal of face coverings for identification purposes) in NSW was prompted by the case of Carnita Matthews. WA as well.

Message 1478 of 1,581
Latest reply

Ban it, it has no place in western society.

Message 1479 of 1,581
Latest reply

ufo: I don't know about you but I want Australia kept Australian. We don't need anymore immigrants it needs to end.

No, I don't agree. I am not a racist or religious bigot.

Message 1480 of 1,581
Latest reply