Silent war

Wow, just... wow.

I saw this news online.

‘Silent civil war’: Irish teacher jailed for refusing to call boy a girl (msn.com)

This teacher has not only lost his job but is jailed indefinitely for failing to comply and call a boy a girl. Or use the term 'they'.

I particularly dislike the term 'they' for one person as the term is plural. The word 'it' would be more appropriate, in fact, or if someone is really uncomfortable, just call the child by name.

But the part that resonates with me is further down in the report, where it says that we are at the stage of compelling people to say things they don't believe in.

I'm not arguing the rights or wrongs of someone 'transitioning'.

Just saying we should allow people their personal beliefs. Calling the child by name or 'him' is not a crime worth jailing anyone for, it is a travesty of justice.

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Silent war

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

You have to remember that we now have kids that identify as dogs and have to be treated accordingly at school. They have to be allowed to crawl around like a dog. Sleep when they feel like it. Water dishes and food bowls have to be provided. If they want to be taken for a walk, then a teacher must put on their collar and lead and take them. Heck, they even have to have areas where they can **bleep** their leg and relieve themselves.

How do I know this? My cousin is a teacher at a Catholic high school in Melbourne. They have 4 of them. Apparently there are some at a local high school here too. It's got beyond ridiculous with "rights". Where are people's rights not to have to be subjected to this tripe?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That is true *sons_n_daughters* . Some kids, and amazingly so some adults identify as vampires and go as far as drinking blood. Its all gotten out of hand now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@cam-2793 wrote:

. . . . .

On the sex/gender issue, I'm kinda glad there is more awareness these days, especially for intersex and non binary people. But I'm a bit concerned about the perceived huge increase in young people. Makes me wonder if they feel they have to? or are they exposed to too many chemicals which are messing with them. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes cam-2793, the chemical and food additive aspect should be looked into for sure.  And some kids that are confused may "they feel they have to" due to the current trend flow.

Message 41 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

@springyzone wrote

But should people be jailed indefinitely because of a prejudice, if it isn't actually harming someone?

This man may have been good at his job. Obviously not the ideal teacher for that particular student but that can be so with students for a whole range of reasons & it isn't that hard to just.. allocate a different teacher.

If the teacher sought out the child or harrassed that child it might be a different matter.

I think there is a huge danger with this case. Massive. I don't know all the details of it but on the surface it looks as if this man has been jailed because he has an opinion that people might not agree with or may not like.

It does represent a huge danger. It may not be prejudice as such if the man is just "old school".

Message 42 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Close but no cigar.

He was jailed for Contempt of Court.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps he thought it was a kangaroo court.  I think that his punishment was extreme. Things are happening very fast these days, too fast for many people to compehend and deal with. There are forces at work pushing for change and for some folk, sometimes the change may go too far.

Message 43 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

Ok - everyone - it's time - yet again - to get the tin hats out of storage - since last time. LOL

Message 44 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

You have to remember that we now have kids that identify as dogs and have to be treated accordingly at school. They have to be allowed to crawl around like a dog. Sleep when they feel like it. Water dishes and food bowls have to be provided. If they want to be taken for a walk, then a teacher must put on their collar and lead and take them. Heck, they even have to have areas where they can **bleep** their leg and relieve themselves.

How do I know this? My cousin is a teacher at a Catholic high school in Melbourne. They have 4 of them. Apparently there are some at a local high school here too. It's got beyond ridiculous with "rights". Where are people's rights not to have to be subjected to this tripe?

Where do we go from beyond? Because folk are nearly there. Seems some have gone further into the outer linmits.  Kids are confused but some are also trying to rebel against what they think may be the system but unwittingly buy into it by following a created trend.

Once upon a time some folk were identifying as Jedi and saying Jedi was a religion. Those "Jedi" folk I bet would be shocked and dismayed at what's taking place in this day and age.

Message 45 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

Nope and more nope.

Message 46 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

What are ' linmits '.??

Message 47 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

arctoph_49
Community Member

@springyzone wrote:

Just saying we should allow people their personal beliefs. Calling the child by name or 'him' is not a crime worth jailing anyone for, it is a travesty of justice.

Yes, but then the child should also be allowed to have personal beliefs or to feel in a certain way.

I usually try to also accept views I don't understand or don't agree with and to do what you said - respect personal beliefs (regardless of my personal beliefs). Respect doesn't necessarily mean agreement.

At any rate there have been kids who have committed suicide for being brutally bullied because of being "different", and some have even been beaten to death by classmates or other kids (like Brianna **bleep** not too long ago). Hatred spreads very quickly, sadly.

Message 48 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

@springyzone wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@imastawka wrote:

Conversely, I've never had a transgender or non-binary person ask me what pronouns would prefer.

Just sayin'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That made me laugh, I had to admit.

I guess for me, what I am having trouble getting my head around is why things have got so out of hand that anyone needs to be jailed over this issue.

I do understand that the teacher in question might have been a difficult character and it was his subsequent behaviour that led to this but I am not sure why things had to escalate to that point.

The whole gender issue must be ramping up as I also saw a report that in England, some eagerly awaited inquiry results have stated that teachers or a school can decide to recognise the transgender or not and that the terms boys and girls can still be used and that there can still be separate toilets.

I didn't wish to bring my own views into it but I personally would not have a problem with recognising a transgender person, nor with recognising the medical necessity for some abortions.

But at the same time, I think it is ridiculous to call for the banning of terms such as boys and girls, which is definitely on the agenda. It isn't about me or my views but more about if there are ways to accommodate those with different views. Do we have to make these things into problems if we can avoid it?

What I suspect is happening in society-and probably this has always been the case and maybe it is even necessary for human survival-is that we are not becoming more tolerant at all (which is what some people think is happening), but rather, that we are exchanging one set of mainstream tolerances (and intolerances) for another.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There seems to be an agenda to deliberately blur the lines and thus make it harder for others to use the terms. When we hear of parents that are raising their child to be gender neutral from birth, well, you have to wonder what's that all about?

It makes me really wonder about what's taking place here in Australia. If anyone who is "old school" expresses concern about what is taking place in our society with things like drag queens reading to toddlers stories about gender fluidity in libraries they are called a "hater".  And yet, it seems that Australia rolls out the red carpet to those who incite hatred against non-Caucasian people or people of a certain Middle Eastern faith.

A certain biggoted woman who slithered her way into politcs has played on people's fears for three decades now and she is the ❤️darling❤️ of the media. 💣Extreme-extremist💥 Ghert Wilders is allowed into Ausralia to incite more fear and phobias.  A woman in Tasmania has been given a perch to sqwark nonsense about immigrants. Yet if anyone stands up for family or traditional values they are attacked!

I identify as Christian and I have no issue with any other religion or ethnicity. Ha, Australia has become a better and more intelligent place due to immigrants of all colours anbd faiths.  I believe people should be free to dress up how they want and have relaigionships with who they want. I believe everyone should be accorded respect. But the force-feeding of changes as far as what a certain minority want a  boy and girl to be ↙️  shouldn't trample over the accepted and long proven status of what a boy and girl are since beginning of time!

Message 49 of 71
Latest reply

Silent war

@springyzone wrote:

I agree and I think he probably has created nuisance.

But I wonder why, exactly, he was sacked. That's what we need to know.

I think if someone is sacked from a job & it turns out to be over an issue like this, it is problematical. And it could make a person quite vocal.

To me, it is an interesting question as to how much freedom of choice people should have to their own beliefs or to speak their own opinions. I remember an old friend on the boards (American) who used to say freedom of speech is not the freedom to eg shout fire in a crowded theatre, but the freedom to say almost anything else anywhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think free speech comes with responsibility. Creating  or encouraging racial or religious hatred that supports the invsion of a sovereign country is not on. And yet, political figures and hacks do it all the time. 

With the situation surrounding this teacher, he hasn't abused free speech. In fact he has had it denied.

@springyzone wrote:

I have a friend who is extremely anti abortion. She was a nurse for several decades. At one hospital she refused to attend or help out at abortions. The doctors were extremely angry with her, it led to scenes apparently, but she stood her ground. They said that as she was employed by the hospital, she 'had' to toe the line. She offered to swap places with some other nurse for other duties but they didn't like that either. She eventually left there and worked elsewhere.

The doctors were wrong to insist she take part in the abortion. Kudos to her for her standing on principals and standing her ground. Bravery!

I'm not going to start a debate here about abortion. That's another time and place. I'm just going to say that she obviously had a respect for the sancity of life and to force her to take part in the abortion could have had consequences for her and the patient as well. She could have become overly nervous and wouldn't be able to perform her duties adequately.

With free speech, is not the teacher who is the subject if this thread being denied free speech. He has known all his life what a male and female is. Now he is being threatened to say something that is totally foreign to him.

Worrying situation': Irish teacher jailed over woke nonsense

4channel_0-1705380416872.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3Pmz5Auxg

Now I'm not a fan of Sky News. It's a half good & half nosense propaganda channel. But on occasion they do have some good news and address a situation in the correct way.

OK, the teacher was put in an impossible situation.  He shouldn't have been told to stay away from the schol. They should have shuffled things around and put the that person somewhere else. This now will put teachers in potential trouble for using traditional terms.

Message 50 of 71
Latest reply