So is it time

that we all stopped commenting or passing judgement on posts or threads that we don't like?

eBay is a large and diverse community, There are always going to be some that like some things and some that don't.

So, as long as the post/thread is within eBay's guidleines, is it time to just let people post what and how they want?

Perhaps if you do find something offensive, how about PM'ing the person involved to politely explain your position instead of doing it in a manner that may cause humiliation.

*Disclaimer, the above option did not work very well for me, so in no way can I advise that this is the best option, but just a suggestion. LOL.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 153
Latest reply
152 REPLIES 152

So is it time

eBay is a large and diverse community, There are always going to be some that like some things and some that don't.

Exactly, which is why this " that we all stopped commenting or passing judgement on posts or threads that we don't like" won't work.

and sending private messages is out of line IMO.

Message 2 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

agrees with roserobin........

I think probably we need to regulate our own input instead.......

Message 3 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

One rule for all posts, nah it won't work.

Recently another poster implied that people suffering extreme grief are help in a certain manner, of course I am going to disagree strongly because I did not get help or work through any grief in the manner they stated so adamantly. And there was no way I was going to be lumped in with people.

Message 4 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

Recently another poster implied that people suffering extreme grief are help in a certain manner, of course I am going to disagree strongly because I did not get help or work through any grief in the manner they stated so adamantly. And there was no way I was going to be lumped in with people.

I don't know what happened there but to continue:

And there was no way I was going to be lumped in with such people because I chose a healthy and helpful way to deal with things.

Message 5 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

Nice thought Crikey.......but...

Leopards can't and wont change their spots.

Message 6 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

IMO EVERYONE has the right to post a thread or make a comment on any thread within ebay guidelines 

BUT they dont have the right to push their opinions and post endless C&Ps to bully people into accepting their view is the only one that's correct.

Message 7 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

IMO EVERYONE has the right to post a thread or make a comment on any thread within ebay guidelines 

BUT they dont have the right to push their opinions and post endless C&Ps to bully people into accepting their view is the only one that's correct.

Well said.

Message 8 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

Bump everyone is different and that's why there are so many varying opinions about everything.

I dont know what happened in your life, but I hope the pain is easing a little and the good memories flood to the surface 

Message 9 of 153
Latest reply

So is it time

*pepe
Community Member

if i see a post i don't like if i can be bothered posting about it i will.

i'm not going to be intimidated by any chooks, no matter how big their sense of self importance is.

Message 10 of 153
Latest reply