The All New Tas - What's for Dinner Thread - & - Don't Get Uppity.

Tas mentioned there was a good thread on - What's for Dinner.

Seems it ended up - a bit ' snooty '.

So - no fancy - dancy - stuff - just good fresh ideas for dins.

Oh - & Freddie - just loved the zucchini slice - if you could just put it here one more time - I swear not to lose it again.

And please - this time add the - zucchinis. lol.

Here - tonight - Chicken Schnit's with salad.

Message 1 of 856
Latest reply
855 REPLIES 855

Doesnt sound good Travlyn

Come to my place for lunch today ( we eat our main meal at lunch time )    .... Roast beef, baked home grown spuds and pumpkin, glazed carrots, cauli in cheese sauce n beans

Apple pie n custard or cream or icecream ( your choice ) for dessert

Same again tomorrow as  we cook enough veggies for a cpl of days

Message 851 of 856
Latest reply

What's for dinner tonight??

Well, it just may be something of a tragic presentation tonight in this house!   We were supposed to have visitors on Saturday night, but they came down with the dreaded heavy cold symptoms so they were temporarily shut down until healed.

So what to do with the overpriced pork chops then? .. it was going to be a more or less barbeque type cook-in as opposed to a cook-out because of the weather.

Today, the chops may very well metamorphose into something of a stone age anti-feast ... meaning I've hacked the heavy crackling like shield off but left the bone .. problem is, that leaves very little meat, but then again, what's wrong with sucking on the bone to make it last longer I ask?

Then into the crockpot with a few carrots and potatoes with tomatoes, chives, garlic and associated herbs it all goes ... a mysterious, yet edible (hopefully) concoction may emerge.

Have a great day everyone, and may your culinary taste buds be encouraged to lead you to the pantry with higher hopes than mine today ...  Woman LOL

Message 852 of 856
Latest reply

Last night we went to our local, and............ No chef, the barman had to cook dinner, had chicken schnitzel.

The bad news is that the property is owned by the council and they may not be renewing the lease in about 4 or 5 weeks time.

Half of the pokies have been removed (two of which are the ones we like to play.) Crying animated emoticon

Does not look promising, so may have to find another place to eat providing the meals aren't to dear.

Have our fingers crossed that it doesn't eventuate.

Message 853 of 856
Latest reply

Awww Trav, that's just too sad.

You'll have to look further afield for sustenance

Message 854 of 856
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Awww Trav, that's just too sad.

You'll have to look further afield for sustenance

Real sad if it happens, a nice quiet little club.

It's like Cheers, everyone knows your name, and good bunch of patrons & staff.

Wife said that if it shuts, then I will have to learn to cook other foods besides pastries.

Like I have nothing better to do. Smiley LOL

Message 855 of 856
Latest reply

Hey Trav, it's about time you got back into making the pastries, I need some new ideas ....  Woman LOLHeart

Message 856 of 856
Latest reply