Things that your parents do that annoy you!

First I want to say, I love my mum, she's great BUT ..... She won't stop feeding my dog.

Every morning I drop my daughter & dog at my parents. Dad is retired & mum works part time. They take my daughter to school & pick her up (very greatful), and I figured the dog would prefer spending the day with my parents to being alone. This has been going on for 2.5 years.

Last week I found a photo of the dog before my dad retired & did the school run. The dog was so slim! I hadn't realised how fat he was.

I asked my mum to please stop feeding him, as he gets dry food & bones at our home & that's enough.

Since last week my daughter told me that my mum has continued to give him rice bubbles for breakfast (her reason: they bonded over food), she gave him a huge pile of roast lamb on Sunday (her reason: he deserved a treat after his dieting during the week), Monday: spaghetti bolognese (her reason: he really wanted a taste), tonight: taco beef (her reason: he wont love her if she stops feeding him).

I said (crossly) that the dog will never lose weight if she keeps feeding him & he'll remain fat - her answer (quote) "he's not fat, he's just cuddly".

He's fat! And he's going to stay that way.

She is obsessed with feeding a fat dog!

Arghh .... I love my mum, but this is ridiculous. She spends more time feeding a fat dog, than her human family members!

Note: she also keeps buying him little sweaters, that don't fit cause he's fat, and then she says they are incorrectly sized.

😖
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Things that your parents do that annoy you!

maybe it needs a www. in front in between https://www.vimeo.com/77019171

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Yep, that works.

OMG that is quite disturbing !

Such a lovely family killing their dog with misguided kindness

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@ten*teeny*tiny*toes wrote:

Yep, that works.

There is a whole series of them. They were recently on late night TV  😄 

Some were so fat they could barely walk.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

@ten*teeny*tiny*toes wrote:

Yep, that works.

My 'food deprived' chi wants to know their address.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@krylekathe wrote:
Anything that affects your health, wellness, finances, living situation, etc. (whether physically or emotionally) or that is meaningful in some way, is not a “first world problem.” Why is that?

The phrase “first world problem” is used to dismiss someone’s concern. It means: “That problem only is happening because you live in the first world. It’s stupid and you shouldn’t care about it. Go try living in a third-world country and see what real problems are like instead.”

It minimizes someone’s problem. It tells them to ‘get over it.’ It tells them that they don’t really matter, and the things that bother them don’t either. It’s dismissive and it’s rude!

This is indeed a "1st world problem"
You did hear me correctly  "go  try living in a third-world country and see what real problems are like. 

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Spag Bol you say?

Show grandma this one -  garlic and onions high on the list of foods that can

kill your dog

http://www.foodbeast.com/news/12-human-foods-that-could-kill-your-dog/

She's loving that dog to death.

That was my thought too...... check she's not giving it cooked bones and chocolate..... if so....she wants it dead.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply