This is concerning

martinw-48
Community Member
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-27/brian-may-swipes-at-marion-council-cat-curfew/12007428?utm_so...

The council should be in charge of the trapping if it goes ahead.
How can you prove that the cat would have been caught during the curfew hours and as stated they'll be some people that will kill or torture the cat.
Some sicko was torturing cats in Coleraine and my ex-girlfriend's cat disappeared while this was going on and I have an idea of the perpetrator but I had to let it go
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: This is concerning

martinw-48
Community Member
Dave, sorry I confused you.
I keep forgetting about the difference between what I see and what others see because I don't have a PC.
To save any further confusion I'll no longer post anything.
That'll make sure everyone is happy
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Our neighbour has gone to a lot of trouble erecting wire that covers the top of our shared fence.

It looks ugly and I think of it as looking like prison barbs lol, but as far as I know they are doing what they can to keep their 2 pet

cats from climbing the fence.

Mine is 15 now and can't climb a fence anymore, so no need for me to worry at night. She can venture in our yard and not escape.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@snow*jewel wrote:

Our neighbour has gone to a lot of trouble erecting wire that covers the top of our shared fence.

It looks ugly and I think of it as looking like prison barbs lol, but as far as I know they are doing what they can to keep their 2 pet

cats from climbing the fence.

I wish that had been the case at one property we were at as the neighbourhood cats used to use our garden as

their litter box and I had no idea when we first moved in and when gardening their carp touched my hands and

I got Toxoplasmosis which took two month to diagnose by the doctors as they didn't think to test for it as it

isn't common but most people can get it.

Felt like carp for months with headaches,feeling crook,sweating all the time and it can return at some

stage and in a more severe form apparently.crying.gif

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I don't get visits from cats anymore Robot Sad Is there a decline in the rat amd mouse population?

Signatures suck.
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

No Native animals or birds where I live in NZ, only Sparrows, Indian Minors and Giant Seagulls.

Lilli stays in all night, let her out in the morning and she visits all the neighbours

I am lucky that all seem to love her, I have told them to clap their hands to chase her away

If they dont want her at their place

Have not come across one neighbour that does not like her, strange because she is mad as a hatter.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I live on a main road, so  all my cats were locked in at 6pm till I let them out in the morning.

They didn't get fed until they were locked in, and they knew it.

My current cat is 16  yo and I don't bother.  She can't get out of the back yard anyway.

And she's not interested.  She goes out for maybe 15 mins tops each day.

Next door's cat used to come in through our cat door, eat her food and beat her up.

They didn't lock him in, so it was only a matter of time before he was road kill.

I heard if you put chicken wire on your fence, cats can't climb it, they hate it.

Martin, I don't think Dave was having a go at you.   It's just very hard when someone is on a phone, it looks like they are talking to themselves, or whoever is the OP.

He was just suggesting that you start your posts with @ stawka (for instance), so we know who your'e answering.

Otherwise it's very confusing.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@martinw-48 wrote:
So do your respective councils hand out traps for the neighbours to catch your cat if it's out?

Ours does.

I was going to trap next door's cat and hand it in, just so they had to pay to get him out.

Maybe then they would learn to keep him contained.   I warned them.

My poor old cat didn't need the stress or beatings.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@martinw-48 wrote:
So do your respective councils hand out traps for the neighbours to catch your cat if it's out?

Ours does.

I was going to trap next door's cat and hand it in, just so they had to pay to get him out.

Maybe then they would learn to keep him contained.   I warned them.

My poor old cat didn't need the stress or beatings.

Is the way cats are culled in my town of residence - they get trapped via council supplied possum traps, and handed in to council pound whereby thier presence is listed online also if the cat can be identified i suppose the owners are informed , either way the owner decides the fate.. Considered un-neigbourly to poison or shoot them.  

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply