Voting (yes it's political)

I'm curious to find out if people that voted at the last election for the LNP whether you care about the broken promises or whether you don't believe that they have broken any?

This baffles me.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Voting (yes it's political)

I wondered how you voted after reading a comment on another thread, tall bearded. 🙂

While working for the AEC you have to remain very very neutral, but I could privately sympathise a little with the views I was hearing. Even though I did vote Labor, I cringed at the carry on and wished they could have shown a little discretion...maybe just a fraction of the discretion Abbott was displaying regarding his policies. 😄
Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

I was listening to John Laws whilst driving here there and everywhere this morning, boy oh boy was he scathing toward Abbott, Hockey & Co., I love it. Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

Fiscal responsibilty? Like Howard's heavy reliance on the mining boom for revenue whilst handing out tax cuts.PAYG tax is the givernments bread and butter.Once the boom goes off the boil,your left with revenue shortfalls,something which plagued the Labor government and probably will this one.Or is it fiscally responsible for an opposition to talk down an economy for years and immediately expect things to turn around a few months after they've been sworn into office?

Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

PS.After making a song and dance about Labors musical chairs,the libs have no choice other that to stick with Abbott right up to the next election.I wonder how many moderate libs would like to see Abbott,Pyne,Hockey and Bishop turfed out onto the street?
Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

they shot themselves in the foot. slipper fired the shot when his vote gave Abbott the leadership over turnbull, letting the far right gain control was never going to end well .

Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

@spotweldersfriend wrote:
PS.After making a song and dance about Labors musical chairs,the libs have no choice other that to stick with Abbott right up to the next election.I wonder how many moderate libs would like to see Abbott,Pyne,Hockey and Bishop turfed out onto the street?

Which Bishop?  The one with her head in the book, or the one with her head in her smart phone and a permanent grimace on her face? 

Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

Message 17 of 44
Latest reply

Personal view.  Nothing more.

I actually believe the debt exists, but nowhere near as bad as what Hockey says.  I also believe we need to take action to reduce it, but as the problem is not as bad as Hockey and Abbott say, the current harsh measures are not necessary.  That is, I believe the same outcome is possible in the same time with far less pain.

Now, if memory serves this is what Labor was saying before the election.  But when it came time to vote all we were left with was Rudd and Gillard Punch and Judy side show which convinced me, and a lot of others, that the party was still so dominated by self-interested factions that it could not unite sufficiently to carry out the task at hand. 

That is not to say I’m closed minded.  Howard and Abbott have so challenged my perception as to what it means to be conservative, that he day may we’ll come when I change allegiances.  But in my mind Labor has a lot of growing up to do before I do that.

Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

Australians don't usually change governments every three years,so if this one gets turfed out,I'd expect Bill to get at least 2 terms. That would be bye bye for Bronwyn.Bye bye to the architects of the libs demise-Tony and Joe and hopefully a few more like Bishop and Robb.There'd have to be a clean sweep for them to have any chance.If Turnbull is elected leader he'd probably ditch the neocons from the front bench.We'd probably have some support for carbon pricing too....giggle
Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

i'll giggle to that .

Message 20 of 44
Latest reply