Whats for dinner?? Anybody cooking anything yum??

Whats everyone having for dinner?

Cant be too bothered here..might add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top of the butter..

raisin toast.jpg

and a cup of tea..

Message 1 of 966
Latest reply
965 REPLIES 965

Re: Whats for dinner?? Anybody cooking anything yum??

Interesting Lloyd (yep, got it).  I've noticed that for both of your steak meals you use the oven to finish it off.  I remember my sister telling me that she had dinner at a friends house and the friend just happened to be an excellent gourmet cook lucky thing.

She also cooked her steak this way and really I should try it next time because I keep setting of the smoke alarm when I cook steaks.

I did it yesterday and I had to have all the doors open to avoid it.

I'm going to try your way next time I have some thick steaks to do.  

Joono
Message 701 of 966
Latest reply

frying inside is a pain in winter isnt it Woman Sad

unless its raining oh does it on the gas ring of the bbq in the frypan and let it rest while finishing of the spuds (or whatever)

just love a nice fat steak Heart

Message 702 of 966
Latest reply

Just home made pizza tonight on pita bread.  Very simple, just ham salami mushoom and pineapple.  His choice.  I'm just feeding one and it sounds a bit better than a meat pie and sauce on a footy night.

Joono
Message 703 of 966
Latest reply

Footy night...following it from here on my phone right now on a sunny afternoon (go Hawks)

dinner will be bangers and mash (really...but I'm cooking it)

last night here, plane food tomorrow. It was actually pretty good on the way over. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 704 of 966
Latest reply

You are back soon Amber?  Bangers and mash.  LOL, yes  I often do that during the winter.  It's a boy tea and my boys love it.

I haven't flown for years, little bit of a fright thing, but when I went to England years ago it was on Air India.  I don't think they exist anymore.  I was given a meal with a long green bean on the top and I put it in my mouth and started chewing it.

Unfortunately it was a hot green chilli and my mouth was burnt  like mad!  I had tears coming out of my eyes.  I still love Indian food though.  

On every corner in England they have a pub, but I bet they still have a Tandoori restaurant too.

Joono
Message 705 of 966
Latest reply

I had a week altogether. Green "beans"... I'll watch out for those. Flying Qantas. Was here last September too, that was Cathay Pacific. Both were last minute trips in peak times so didn't have much choice. Booked solid.

Two litres of Tanqueray's no. 10 will be waiting at the airport. That means sushi monday night (Kopes, I will try sake soon)

Plenty of Indian places still around, one on the corner opposite not one but two pubs.

I used to be nervous about flying but it is getting easier now. Now I just hate all the waiting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 706 of 966
Latest reply

Lucky girl Amber  🙂

joono  we were somewhere it might've been Bali and OH smothered my chips in  tomato sauce,  only it was really , really hot chilli sauce... I had tears in my eyes that day  😃

Message 707 of 966
Latest reply

Hahaha Gawd.  I can imagine 😄

I'm a bit more used to the hot stuff now because I'm used to cooking with chillis but at the time I couldn't even speak for about an hour.

Joono
Message 708 of 966
Latest reply

One thing though.  If I'm making something like chilli mussels I wear those disposable latex gloves for handling them. I've found that the seeds and the membranes really burn my skin.  

I wonder who was the first person that decided that a chilli would be a good thing to eat?  

Lots of questions really.  Who decided that a truffle looked pretty good and would be worth a $1000 a kilo.

Joono
Message 709 of 966
Latest reply

I have that question about garlic. It isn't pretty or pleasingly scented.

Message 710 of 966
Latest reply