Who Should Pay

Granddaughter's Ex want their son to go to the most expensive Catholic College in the area. He said as he is paying child support she should pay the school fees. She has offered to sent the boy to the local Catholic school and they both pay half of the fees. But if he wants the boy to go to the college he should pay all expenses over and above those of the public school. The Ex didn't go to a private school, he went to the local public school as did the Mother.
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Who Should Pay

The boy's mother is not obligated in any way to send her son to a private college and pay the fees.

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

They should come to an agreement about which school is best for the child and pay half each.

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

Ex is trying to stitch her up financially. Gosh they are little gems aren't they.

Your granddaughter is obliged to educate her son. There is nothing in the rule book that says at the most expensive college.

If he wants to choose and not compromise, then he pays.

If he agrees to this, tell her to get him to pay in advance, and sign with the school that he is responsible.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

imastawka
Honored Contributor

That man needs to get over himself. 

She is not obligated to send the boy to an expensive school.

He would need a Court Order to make her do that.  A judge

would probably make him pay more child support IMO

Child Support is to feed, clothe and house the children.

And it's never enough!!

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

Child support is not for school fees. 

It is to pay a portion of the costs for the child to have a roof over their head, food in their stomach and clothing on their back. The father cannot dictate that the money is used for anything else. He is out of line.

If he wants the child to go to a private school...... he needs to pay himself.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

this arrangement could backfire in Mum's face if she is the one who is main carer and signs to agree to allow child to go to this school.....the school would obviously ask BOTH parents for fees in the end ....and whom would get hurt the most as a result, NOT the parents, the son would have to leave the school???

This is all about domination, power-mongering by Father of the Mother.....appearing to be concerned about welfare of son.

I could well be wrong. Sure, he might be the 'goodie' in the story.....then this 'goodie' Daddy should pay the high fees and stop whinging his bottom off.

God some people use and abuse their children whilst taking out there angst on the ex. Makes me fume.

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

I have advised her to take it back to mediation again. The Ex is a control freak.
Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

I went to an expensive Catholic college and you should see how I turned out.      Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

Who Should Pay

Wouldn't be sending child to any private school, wouldn't happen and couldn't be forced or paid into agreeing to it.

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply