Who has been buying their Xmas gifts online?

Oh I love love love that I can so easily buy some (not all sadly) Xmas gifts online, especially on eBay.

I did have to go shopping last week at the huge monstrosity of a shopping centre along with every other Xmas shopper to buy some gifts because it wasn't practical to buy them online. I had to walk from one end of the centre to the other end TWICE and I swear one end is in a different postcode to the other end. My feet hurt the next day.

But now I have done my B&M shopping I am loving it when all I have to do is click and pay online and now all the parcels are turning up on my doorstep. My son-in-law is a collector of vintage blues LP's and I found the perfect album and won it for a great price on eBay. I'm buying new books for only 2/3'rds of the price they would have cost me in a B&M shop. I only buy "free postage" items because the postage on some items outweighs the bargain. And I'm looking for antique quirky stuff as well but so far I've been outbid but I'm not giving up yet. It's fun. Yipeeee!

PS I do not want to hear from those weird people who complete their Xmas shopping in July. Thank you. 🙂

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Who has been buying their Xmas gifts online?

@need*to*go*toilet wrote:

Wow, a $4.95 credit-card - are you sure you can afford such a generous gift?

Cost of card (fee) is $4.95 DER

Click n collect sounds good. Our local Myer isn't that big and I think you can only click n collect things that are physically in the store you want to collect them from.

A lot of online retailers have the free postage and now free returns.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@lurker172602 wrote:
I bought a few thing online but most in B&M shops.

Talk about postage. To mail my (admittedly too heavy) "Christmas Box" to NZ cost me $78!!!!!! I nearly expired on the Post Office floor!

I know! A stamp to post a Xmas card to the UK cost $2 something! When it comes to sending gifts I wait until my daughter is traveling there (usually once a year) and I make her carry the gifts in her suitcase. Cheaper for me. lol

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Yep, postage is $2.75 now for letter/card to UK and all other countries. That annoys me because they recently added NZ into the same category, so it costs the same .. not long ago it was $1.50.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

I don't like to give gift cards, I want them to have what I want them to have, lol.

I like the time spent choosing for each one.

One 7yo is getting a guitar stand and a music stand.

Another 7yo is getting a sewing machine.

A mini pool table for a 5 and 7yo, with a checkers game.

My daughter is getting a good pair of scissors for her sewing room.

That's it so far............ the rest will happen............

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

I'm not doing the Christmas gift exchange thing for two reasons. One, I have no money to buy anything and two, anything I get, will only offer something for the police to take away. I will however wish Jesus a happy birthday, in spite of the fact he did nothing to stop what the police did to me.

I only have ever shopped online when i couldn't get it locally. Also, if your gonna limit yourself to shopping online, you miss all those black friday deals two days away.

Happy Holidays Community Spirit Members !

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

For the last few years we have curbed our Christmas gift giving. Our families are to big. I would take me all year just to find suitable gifts for everyone. Besides, I could not afford to give to everyone.

Some of our family are well off and will give expensive gifts, some families are struggling. It would not be fair to expect them to spend what they can't afford. We have a large family gathering at Christmas Eve (European style) at my youngest sons house, and Cris-Kringle gift giving. Everyone gives one gift, everyone receives one gift, and there is a limit $ spending. DIL places all names in two bowls and pulls out random names of family members to buy a gift for.

What each family gives at home on Christmas Day is their business, and nobody has to be ashamed or feeling they have to compete.

This year we have found the gifts we wanted to give on the internet and I am still waiting for one of them.

Erica Woman Very Happy

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply