Why Do you Drink Alcohol?

Go.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I don't, but some ebay buyers have driven me to consider it.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

I don't really, except I might have a glass at some celebration. When my kids married I was determined to have one glass at the receptions to celebrate.

There is some italian wine, really sweet, lambucca? I had a glass of that once. Really liked it. Usually I find wines a bit sour. Don't mind a glass of champagne or white if it has orange juice in it.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Alcohol makes me feel very hot and sleepy so I rarely drink it (sometimes not for years).  I also don't have the palate to tell good from bad, and strong spirits seem to affect my asthma.

I used to have a bottle of sherry handy for cooking....until the last bottle was never opened at all so 10 years later I threw it out.

There is one drink I like - Baileys Irish Cream - but I only buy it on special and probably once every 3-4 years.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

On rare occasions I will have a drink to help me sleep. My experience of others who drink is this. Some cannot cope with everyday life unless they dull their brain. Others drink because they are depressed. Some use it to gain dutch courage. Some oldies turn to drink because they are afraid that death is getting closer. Some have mental problems. Some have an addictive nature and are easily influenced by others. These are the people I have met or encountered or lived with. There may be many more reasons.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

I don't

Why do you?

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Because I hate having blood in my alcohol system.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Because it's there.Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

I don't

Why do you?

Because it's unAustralian if you don't.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Any excuse will do, eh?

Cat LOL

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

On rare occasions I will have a drink to help me sleep. My experience of others who drink is this. Some cannot cope with everyday life unless they dull their brain. Others drink because they are depressed. Some use it to gain dutch courage. Some oldies turn to drink because they are afraid that death is getting closer. Some have mental problems. Some have an addictive nature and are easily influenced by others. These are the people I have met or encountered or lived with. There may be many more reasons.

Wow, sad state of affairs the reason we drink. 

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply