anyone else have a barking dog next door?

I have lived in our home here for nearly 30 yrs.  Never had dog problems:-(  The last 18 months has been TERRIBLE.

2 doors down had  a dog that has left me that anxious that barked hours and hours until its voicebox squeaked.  Owner said to council i dont care im not home to hear it.  All us neighbours were about to take him to court and thank goodness he sold the house and left. Council  is hopeless they do nothing he got 5 fines and didnt pay.   2 WEEKS later metres from our house at the back new neighbours moved in with a dam other new dog and then the next WEEK neighbours behind us even closer about 7 metres from their house to ours got a new puppy let it bark at the back at their back door.  Thought it was quiet the dog has gone and last week that neighbour had a english bulldog which i never heard.  THe other neighbours behind us moved as the  house went for sale. It WAS SO QUIET for 2 months i would sit outside and just relax thinking how relaxing it was to just have quiet.

WELL these eldery couple has just got a new DAM PUPPY she lets it out early in the morning and lets it yappy yap yap 3 barks a second right near our bedroom window.  I drove around and shes home i saw her come to the window.  WHY WOULD YOU LET A DAM DOG metres around other homes just let it yap for ages.  Its under the verandah so it just echoes right through our home.  Im back again closing the sliding doors, windows and putting the tv on and i still can hear that dam mutt of a dog.

Rang the council yet again and they are hopeless.  We have just finished extending and our home is pretty large now everything is done and i dont want to move but my nerves cant take it:-(

AND the other  neighbours right behind us on our double storey i heard some crying and they have a new BLUE HEELER dog.  The council told me they need to be walked 15 kms a day.  Their back yard is tiny and right near our back family room and bedroom.

Im about to write these other neighbours a letter but HONESTLY common sense why move into a new neighbourhood and just ignore its yapping so dam rude!!!

sorry just need to vent.  I have a golden and we have taught him from day one not to bark and the other neighbour thought he was gone as he never hears our dog.

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: anyone else have a barking dog next door?

i know why do young people think they should get a dog when they both work.  Im OVER it.  She seemed nice but was saying to be patient and dogs bark thats what they do.  SHE WORKS ALL DAY i have to listen to her mutt.  I cant lie down and relax.  This morning i went out in our finished decking back yard that is so nice and modern and said "wow now this is what i mean nice and quiet"  2 dam mins later that mutt started again so again i had to come back inside close all the doors and still listen to the dam mut.

I know she said shes trying and be patient but..... she said its an outside doggie thats all dandy for her but not for me.  Im amazed all the other neighbours said to her it doesnt bother them  much unless they feel awkward telling her the truth cause its dam ANNOYING to me

I hope the corner dog settles down better but at least its not a few metres away like where i am:-(  The dam mut should just sit outside my bedroom window thats what it sounds like:-(  Im exhausted and angry and want to move where no neighbours with dam dogs are around me im over it.  honestly you can seewhy people do put drugs over thefence 

Message 31 of 74
Latest reply

"SHE WORKS ALL DAY i have to listen to her mutt.  I cant lie down and relax."

Well for trucks sake... get yourself a life... maybe start a dog walking business ... I can think of some possible close to your home clients

Spoiler
Smiley Indifferent

...or you could go into security. I can see from your previous posts that  there's pretty well nothing that goes on in your neighborhood that you do not know about.

I live way out in a sub littoral rainforest....sometimes the Cicadas become deafening, almost mind numbing... We get

some visitors and the first comment is generally something like

..."crikey those Cicada's are deafening"

this comment normally follows from me

"well I couldn't hear them until you opened your mouth"

... because they become background noise they fade off into the unimportant distance no matter how louf they are.

I think sometimes  you may hear the dogs because you are listening with bated breath awaiting the bark.....life is too

short to dwell on a noise

...Why not try smelling the roses instead....

http://muz4me.space/stream.mp3?audio_id=49836198

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 32 of 74
Latest reply

always one dead beat that thinks he should put his worthless 1c in!!

I do have a life thank you but why should i listen to a dam mutt if she decides to work and leave her dog upset all day!!  Love to see you with a noise next to your head all day or water dripping on your head.  So easy to judge when you are not in my situation!!  go and troll on another post

Message 33 of 74
Latest reply

Well here is 1c worth from another dead beat.......have you tried ear plugs?  Or would that be too simple?

Message 34 of 74
Latest reply

Lyndal,  the dog next door wakes me up, barking, at 6 am

Are you suggesting that I wear ear plugs to bed the night before?

How will I hear the axe murderer coming through the back door?

Message 35 of 74
Latest reply

Actually what 'deadbeat'; colic suggested is what a lot of ppl in your  situation do....   offer to take the dog./pup for a walk during the day.  Good for the dog good for you to work off some of your spleen.  But then by the number of times you've said 'dam mutt'  I get the feeling you don't like dogs anyway.   .

Message 36 of 74
Latest reply

I was going to suggest you work with the neighbour and help train the dog not to bark.  

Agree on a word and tone that you will both use to tell the dog that its barking is not on.  Then whenever you hear the dog start to bark outside your window, you can stick your head out and tell it to stop - using the same words and tone that its owner uses.

Message 37 of 74
Latest reply

Hi everyone, the discussion is getting a little heated.  Please be sure to keep your communications civil.  Thanks!

Message 39 of 74
Latest reply

Medication is needed. The dog is suffering anxiety. There is a very good one on the market called Clomicam. Works every time.
Message 40 of 74
Latest reply