asylum seekers

those who support not detaining them and allowing them to settle in Australia.

what is your plan for supporting them?

where are you going to draw the line?

because you do know if our country does allow that to happen they will be coming in their tens of thousands.

how many people do you think in the middle east and africa have the money to pay for their passage here.......millions.

once word gets out that you are straight in no questions asked....they will be coming

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

asylum seekers

nero_bolt
Community Member

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

Tont Abbott and the LNP,  a grown up real govt is in charge now, its not going to happen as it was under the failed Labor/Green govt.

🙂

🙂

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

grown up .what does that mean anyway ? its a stupid slogan for simple folks.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

@nero_wulf wrote:

Tont Abbott and the LNP,  a grown up real govt is in charge now, its not going to happen as it was under the failed Labor/Green govt.

🙂

🙂

"tönt" English translation

Results: 1-21 of 21

tönt {noun}

tönt {noun} (also: träskalle, dumhuvud)  dolt {noun}

tönt {noun} (also: regn, regnväder, fjant, mes) wet {noun}

tönt {noun} [slg.] (also: drummel, tokstolle)  jerk {noun} [Amer.] [slg.]

Två töntar. Two jerks.

tönt {comm. gen.} (also: nörd, mes, fjant) wimp {noun}

tönt {comm. gen.} (also: sugpropp) sucker {noun}

Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

What about answering the original question  instead of trying to create a diversion over a simple typo?

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

Because I'm just a simple soul, just adoring of the new adult government.. 

Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

@nero_wulf wrote:

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

🙂

🙂

i am just curious as to the number that those who think the policy should be relaxed are confortable with?

10000 per week?

3 million a year?

when do you say no?

i am quite comfortable with our current quota. could possibly be increased

and my policy is that all that try to buy their way into our country should be flown to a UN approved refugee camp.

we could then take back the same number on the return flight of people who are all ready found to be genuine refugee's

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

Mr Grizz.

Firstly I would like to see our formal refugee increased. By at least double to current but really it can go much much higher than this.

Secondly, I would prefer that we spent more money on processing and less money on incarceration. If we could get people processed within 6months instead of 6 years in Australia rather than overseas then we wouldn't need a $1.2billion transfield contract.

Thirdly, if our processing cababilities were increased and spread to more overseas refugee camps (at the source) then it would have 2-fold impact - it will help our neighbours and other agencies with an enormous burden that they are carrying and it would give those seeking asylum a starting point that is legitimate before they start getting desperate enough to get on a boat.

But hey! I;m no expert. I am sure that there are hundreds of solutions available to us that experts have already attempted to instigate that use less resources, are less of a burden (financially and socially) and are more sensible that any solutions we currently have.

Unfortunately the politicians are pandering to voters biases. And the bias we have against asylum seekers is the direct responsibility of the changes in attitude, changes in wording and the demonisation that occurred during John Howards tenure.

Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

I agree with Martini's post, well thought out and makes much sense, as opposed to what I was going to post, which was................... why can't we be more thoughtful to asylum seekers?

Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

asylum seekers

Totally with martini and az - if someone can afford to relocate, they are not refugees - go throught the correct immigration channels.

edited - On thinking about it - we have a lot of empty land in Oz, why is it that something can not be provided for the refugees on that land and the government of those countries are made to share the cost of said developement.

It always annoys me, the many suffer, but the governments or so called ruling parties of those poor countries are not held financially accountable and I am also betting said governments don't go hungry each night, or fear they will be shot in the streets..

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply