dog and new house

just moved into my new home

have timber laminate flooring in hallways kitchen and dining room's etc.

dog is petrified of the floor. any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: dog and new house

Take him on the leash to give him some support and he will learn how to walk without slipping.  large rugs with those non-slip strips around edges would help

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

This is a video of the Dog Whisperer teaching a dog to walk on shiny/slippery floors.  He makes it look easy but then he is Cesar Milan.  It's not that easy at least it wasn't for me with our old dog from years ago.

Make sure his nails are always clipped short too.

Joono
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Wasn't your dog scared of walking on some surface in your last house?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

That's what I thought too.   Same old answers I'm afraid, grizz

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/ok-my-dog-is-weird/m-p/1448099/highlight/true#M3722...

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I had this problem with my dog when we put down new laminate and I went out and bought some mats for him seems to be worse on the corners so just place some mats at the Junction of doors etc and might help
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Shoes. Your dog needs non slip sockshoes.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

That's what I thought too.   Same old answers I'm afraid, grizz

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/ok-my-dog-is-weird/m-p/1448099/highlight/true#M3722...

this is so much worse. hw would come inside at the last house and just avoid the tiles.

here he has no option but to walk on the timber floor if he wants to come inside.

forgot about asking that question.

thanks for replies. forgot about you tube

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply