neighbours yappy dogs - owner came over threatening me

Hi i have for over 5 yrs a selfish neighbour that got a puppy overgrown rat looking that yapped for hours.  She then got another dog.  After letters and husband going over it went abit better.   Paid for shutters to block the noise in the bedroom did nothing.  Even with parties she lets her mutts bark alllll night, if i went to a party i would not be impressed listening to her dogs yap all night.   I was talking with hubby saying ive had enough it sounds like a dog pound behind us. I was going to write another letter friendly to say we have been patient enough please please you are home all day when they yap at nothing please go out and keep them quiet, they are outside doggies she says.   WELL yesterday i get her coming over asking if i was Lisa, i said no why what is it about?  she was rude and said dont worry went to the neighbour next to me.   Well these neighbours next to us we have been friends for 25 yrs but...... they are growing weed smell it through our house most days we have put up with druggies coming and going from their house.   They feed all the feral cats and then cracked at me for catching these cats as i killed one of hers but she said they were microchipped (if i did rspca said none of the 13 ive brought in were so either lying or not hers).  She came back threatening me that im Lisa its my letter to keep her dam dogs quiet and my next door neighbour said it was my hand writing.  To be honest they are with the fairies their faces are all drawn im thinking they have smoked too much and not with it.   I kept saying i can show you my hand writing.  SHe threw the letter in my face saying dont go down that road i know people in the council and its a lie i work from home and they dont bark much and thats what dogs do they bark.  In 5 yrs i have NEVER seen her come out and quiet them never seen her walk them.  Kept calling me Lisa and threatening me.  I have NEVER been treated like this before.   Yes some days ive had enough and scream shut your dogs up so she must of thought i was the the one that wrote it.  she said shes gone to all the houses around and noone is Lisa and you are the problem they all say the barking doesnt bother them.  Im SO ANGRY how dare she accuse me and when i said well to be honest my husband was going to come and tell you to shut them up she just went off.     I told her if you threaten me like this i will flippen go to the council!!!  I will ring on MOnday and let them know.  I dont mind a dog barking a little and the neighbour says sorry i will try to keep them quiet.  But to her yapping ever 10  mins in the day is nothing and i am the problem!!

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: neighbours yappy dogs - owner came over threatening me

It's not you, it's them, but they will never take responsibility. Sounds like both lots of neighbours are on drugs, that's why they're not bothered by the things that affect normal people. The drugs numb them out to the sound of barking dogs, and they fail to recognise that feeding feral cats creates problems for those around them. Even if they are aware of how bad a neighbour they are being, they are too selfish to care. 

Message 11 of 74
Latest reply

no idea what you are talking about.  We had a dog for 15 yrs so no i do like dogs.  WHAT i dont like is people that think its fine to let their dam dogs yap all day and then threaten if i go to the council.  Love i could of dobbed her in 5 yrs ago.  BUT for her to accuse me of writing this letter i will report her now!!!   LOL the council and rspca are grateful im catching all these feral cats, and they DONT kill the cats if they are microchipped.  She lied again saying she has so NO i didnt kill her cat as she would of got it back again she already kept another 4 ferals for herself.  All the neighbours know they grow the weed and cars coming and going.  WE are fed up with the weed smell.  SO please think before you open your mouth.

Message 12 of 74
Latest reply

I'm just feeling sorry for the dog - the one had for 15 years. 🙄

Message 13 of 74
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂

Message 14 of 74
Latest reply

This thread is like old times 🤗

Message 15 of 74
Latest reply

I think you must never have had to live near neighbours like the ones described in this post, it's a living hell. Moving house is not always the answer, you never know what your new neighbours will be like, and moving is hard! Why should you have to move anyway, when you are not the one causing problems in the neighbourhood? In my experience, it's best to fight problem neighbours through the appropriate channels, the council, ranger, police, rspca, whatever is called for. Put some pressure on them to act like decent human beings or move on.

Message 16 of 74
Latest reply

I think most reacted to the tone of the OP.

As you mentioned there is always ' a civilsed ' way in which to deal with these problems.

I once had a lovely ' garden flat ' - below a very large house in Rose Bay - both levels rented.

My upstairs neighbours were a lovely NZ elderly couple - whose daughter had 3 sons - all below the age of 10.

Unfortunately the daughter was a temporary guest of the government for weedy offenses - so the Grandparents were the sole caretakers.

I worked long hours - and thought I deserved a good sleep - most nights.

The neighbours had beautiful wooden floors all through.

What the neighbours & kids were doing until very late most nights - none of my business - but there was no point in retiring till later than them.

I did try to speak - tell them - but to no avail - so got my cassette recorder primed - ready to go.

Three seemingly work booted young ones up & down the hall - hour after hour - night after night.

I did a full tape - then waited till one night they retired before midnight - waited - then turned on the tape as loud as it could possibly go.

Knock at my door - hey - the kids are trying to sleep - really said I.

I then explained the noise keeping them awake - was their own.

Didn't happen again.

Message 17 of 74
Latest reply

@roaminghigh.... 

I live in the bush. I work full time shift work. I completely understand that people own animals, and in my neighbourhood, there are dogs, cockatoos, roosters, cows, one horse and more dogs..... so to say I don’t understand or to suggest I don’t know what I’m talking about is bullocks to say the least. 
I also know that some neighbours are dead set trouble makers, complaining about everything from trees to dogs, to security cameras to lawn care.... and this OP, I believe, is one of them. 
Truly, if it’s as bad as she claims, then for the LOVE OF GOD will someone please explain to me why it’s taken her 5 yrs to actually step up and do something constructive about it?!?!?  
....yeah.... as I suspected! 
Sympathy post.

Well I’m not attending this pity-party. 

I’ll stick to my opinion and you can stick to yours. Simple 😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 18 of 74
Latest reply

I am wondering if the dogs are so annoying why the other neighbours aren't complaining. Perhaps council won't act because after canvassing others they found the problem was not with the yappers!

Just my worthless 2 cents - the OP is very transparent in her posting

Message 19 of 74
Latest reply

I agree with everything you said Janeabee.  I gagged when I read about the cat being killed, and gagged at just about everything else. .  There are two sides to every story and I'd be interested to hear the other's side. Re neighbours from hell I have a neighbour who is quiet,  polite and boring,  real boring, but I'm so thankful for that now after reading this.   The dog owner, oops the ' rat  ' dog owner must live in fear of the same thing happening to her dogs as did with the cats, as I certainly would be.  .

There are effective council processes for dealing with nuisance barking and I'm wondering why they've done nothing in 5 years.  Could it be that nothing was proven? 

Anyway  I suggest that the op goes back  to the council,  and lets them bear the brunt of uncontrolled rage , not us. 

Message 20 of 74
Latest reply