"Why wouldn't you try to lose some weight?"

Someone was telling me about her close friend that desperately wants to get married and have kids but she has essentially conceded any chances of that because of her weight and she knows it. She is tallish and has a very pretty face and eats like a horse and makes no effort to lose the weight.

Is it wrong to tell someone to lose some weight for their own good? 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: "Why wouldn't you try to lose some weight?"

I buy two magazines each week. Not the celebrity gossip mags, but real life stories.

Plenty of wedding photos and stories every week with real life brides that are not skinny by any means. And the grooms claim to have found their soul mate, love and cherish the woman for their personality, not for the Kilograms.

Wake up Bob. There is a real life out there with people of all shapes and sizes, and most of them find a loving and caring partner.

Has nothing to do with mental disorders. At the contrary. Men that look for the perfect body and Barbi Doll face in a partner, do have a mental problem as far as I am concerned.

Erica

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

I suspect these men have some sort of mental disorder.

Sad, sad remark from one who really should know better.

Careful Bob...your misogyny and prejudice are showing!

misogynist_only_long_word.png

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

Or maybe they are "full bodied' themselves - had that possibility never occurred to you?

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Or maybe they are "full bodied' themselves - had that possibility never occurred to you?

Are you saying that they can't get anyone else except for the left overs?

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

@lind9650 wrote:

I buy two magazines each week. Not the celebrity gossip mags, but real life stories.

Plenty of wedding photos and stories every week with real life brides that are not skinny by any means. And the grooms claim to have found their soul mate, love and cherish the woman for their personality, not for the Kilograms.

Wake up Bob. There is a real life out there with people of all shapes and sizes, and most of them find a loving and caring partner.

Has nothing to do with mental disorders. At the contrary. Men that look for the perfect body and Barbi Doll face in a partner, do have a mental problem as far as I am concerned.

Erica

You're missing the point of OP. She can have what she wants if she just lost some weight but she choose not to. It's not a case of she accepts she has diabetes and has no option of doing anything about it. 

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

I would really like to know what Bob Looks like and wonder if he looks in the mirror.

I saw guys laughing at a plump lady in shorts once, they sat there drinking their beer with their big beer bellies hanging over their shorts, none of them looked like movie stars.

I was amused at these mens thinking and wondered how they see them selves when they look in the mirror

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

How many guys do you know out there looking for obsese women? Sure it may happen, anything's possible. 

SIGH!!! Any sarcastic comments after that, would be purely superfluous.

images456.jpg  for you!

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

I would really like to know what Bob Looks like and wonder if he looks in the mirror.

I saw guys laughing at a plump lady in shorts once, they sat there drinking their beer with their big beer bellies hanging over their shorts, none of them looked like movie stars.

I was amused at these mens thinking and wondered how they see them selves when they look in the mirror

Supposely I'm  bold, fat and ugly which I just happened to be:) What's your point? Just coz' someone is fat doesn't mean he/she has to resort to  choosing a fat partner right?

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@lionrose.7 wrote:

Supposely I'm  bold, fat and ugly which I just happened to be:) What's your point? Just coz' someone is fat doesn't mean he/she has to resort to  choosing a fat partner right?

of course not - they just need to find someone with the mental illness you mentioned earlier

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply