rental question

If you share a house with 2 other people but you pay half the rent then you no longer had access to the double garage where some of your stuff is would you then stop paying half and only pay a 3rd .? Has been no written agreement on who pays what .
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: rental question

Gosh Haha, this arrangement has been no fun by the sounds if it!
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Nope and last night they put my food out in my fridge in the garage , so i have no access to it when they aren't home. So I'm thinking seen as my daughter isn't really living here any more i would only pay a 3rd rent .
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

It would depend on why you had agreed to pay hhalf the rent in the first place and why you no longer have access to the garage. If  two people in the house haveacquired  carsthen I guess it's reasonable to assume they are entitled to park them in the garage - after all that is what they're for.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

If your stuff is in the garage,  I would get a locksmith and get an extra key cut.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@hahahavefun wrote:
If you share a house with 2 other people but you pay half the rent then you no longer had access to the double garage where some of your stuff is would you then stop paying half and only pay a 3rd .? Has been no written agreement on who pays what .

Question is :

Why when sharing with two others = 3

Why are you paying  = a half - not a third.

Big question?????????????????

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@hahahavefun wrote:
Nope and last night they put my food out in my fridge in the garage , so i have no access to it when they aren't home. So I'm thinking seen as my daughter isn't really living here any more i would only pay a 3rd rent .

Are all your names on the lease?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Yes all 3 names are on the lease . No cars are kept in the Garage as its mostly filled up with their stuff and their pool table . I have a teenage daughter so thought it only fair to pay half as she was using a bedroom but due to the living situation and clashes between her and her aunty ( whom we share house with and aunty is an alcoholic ) my daughter for the last 3 weeks has been staying at her brothers place .
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@hahahavefun wrote:
Yes all 3 names are on the lease . No cars are kept in the Garage as its mostly filled up with their stuff and their pool table . I have a teenage daughter so thought it only fair to pay half as she was using a bedroom but due to the living situation and clashes between her and her aunty ( whom we share house with and aunty is an alcoholic ) my daughter for the last 3 weeks has been staying at her brothers place .

Shouldn't you be paying for 2/3 of the rent i.e for your daughter as well. DOesn't matter if she's there or not. If her tooth brush or anything of hers is there. She's counted as being there. 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

2/3 , I dont think so , not when they have the master bedroom with ensuite , lounge room that i USED to share , family room as their computer area .
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply