Latest reply

Re: the nothing ,anything ,everything thread

laughing my heart out on this....
Message 2482 of 12,453
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@ecar3483 wrote:

Then coat with choc - 1 tabs butter, 1/2 cup icing sugar and approx 1 teasp. boiling water ( you might have to fudge these amounts,  Don't make it too runny) and then roll in coconut.

I hope you remembered the cocoa or it would have been a bit tasteless...and they are not as easy as they sound.

They are guaranteed to be very messy if you let the kids help to make them for a school fete.

That would be my fault Lyndal     Image result for smiley embarrassed animated

Ecar was being a funny buggah and pinched the recipe.  Guess I forgot the cocoa.

But  I use choc icing sugar anyway, so that's probably why I forgot it

Message 2483 of 12,453
Latest reply

The baby crow has been sitting, relatively patiently, in the big gum tree for the last hour or so, cawing every so often.

A little after the Sun dropped below the tops of the trees to the West of us, it cawed, then flapped it's wings and gurgled, before flying off.

I'm not sure if it stamped its little feet or not, but I know a "I'm tired and I'm hungry and I'm going... " when I see one, ha ha.

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2484 of 12,453
Latest reply

Takeaway stops at the platform, picks up a piece of banana and starts eating.

Pyrex, sitting beside Takeaway, tries to eat the piece of banana that Takeaway is holding, with only limited success, due to to Takeaway pushing her away - It's My banana...

Pyrex pushes Takeaway's paws up, out of the way (the young have no idea of manners, ha ha) and grabs her own piece of banana.

I can see I'm going to have to review my banana slice placement strategy in light of these latest events, ha ha.

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2485 of 12,453
Latest reply

lamington.jpg

Message 2486 of 12,453
Latest reply

lemming-lamington8_low.jpg

Message 2487 of 12,453
Latest reply

For Lyndal -

Message 2488 of 12,453
Latest reply

Right on cue, little girl magpie turns up, I'm scratching around in these leaves While I'm Looking In The Window...

She has a bit to eat and toddles off down the driveway, and Mother appears...

Yes, yes, sunflower kernels... But what about the macaroni...?

Look! I can pick up eight pieces in my beak!

Yes, Mother, I'm watching, fascinated by the unfolding scene...

Off she goes, and it only a takes a moment before the insistent shrieking starts, ha ha.

Now I'll have to cook some more macaroni, ha ha.

It was mothers' night here, last night - the medium sized girl, the very big girl and Takeaway, all with their respective little ones, all in the space of an hour.

I'd look out the window and have to take a moment to work out which one is which, ha ha.

One of the little ones went up the ramp, to my left, while mum was on the table, then something made her jump, and she took off up the tree, to my right. It came down the ramp, wide eyed and nervous, and looked around with that expression that the young are very good at (I almost expected tears) - Oh no, I'm alone... before it too jumped up the tree. They learn quickly - What's the most obvious way that mum would have gone if she didn't go up the ramp? Well, I'll try the roof, anyway.

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2489 of 12,453
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

For Lyndal -

I used to love the lemon and strawberry lamingtons from Woolworths....cannot eat them now though.Smiley Sad

Message 2490 of 12,453
Latest reply