Closed Return

What happens if the seller will not supply a return street address for a medium carton to be returned & needs to be sent back by courier (as too large for post) within three weeks & Ebay has closed the return option, how do I take this further. I have asked the seller several times for return street address & they keep coming back with a credit towards next item brought from them.  I have searched in Ebay for them to intervene.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I think that many people assume that eBay cases are like PayPal cases, and that if the seller does not reply they win the case. Sadly, it is not so on eBay - as already stated, if you don't escalate a case/ask eBay to intervene after the time frame allotted to the seller to respond, the case will be closed after I think 3 weeks, as the bots assume you are happy if you don't take any further action.

Ask for a supervisor if you contact them via live chat. A normal CS representative will just read from the script and say a closed case cannot be reopened. Sadly though, even speaking to a supervisor is no guarantee they will help of course. As they don't have to, you need a bit of good luck.

You must open a return request within a certain timeframe, and you must return the item as directed within the dispute/request.

If the seller does not provide a satisfactory solution within 3 business days of your opening the request, you will see an option for you to ask eBay to step in (aka “escalate” the case).

If you don’t act within the timeframe to escalate, the eBay return request bot assumes you are satisfied with the outcome and the case is closed. You cannot re-open the case.

The only thing you could try to do now - in eBay - is to contact Live Chat and explain that you didn’t realise what you had to do, that the seller kept stalling, that the item had to be returned by courier as it couldn’t be sent through AP, and the seller did not resolve the issue; that you’re sorry but you did not understand what was involved in terms of asking eBay to step in.

You may be lucky; it’s not highly likely but it’s a possibility.

The other alternative is to open a return / refund request in PayPal if you paid that way… or your card provider if all else fails.

If you contact live chat they may also be able to supply you with the return address the seller has on file.