$10,50 postage charge for a 500 gram satchel

Can you believe this??? Ebay charged us $10.50 for a 500 gram satchel this afternoon..talk about robbery..unbelievable..what a joke..

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay don't sell satchels.

Why would you buy a single satchel anyway? Just go to your local Post Office.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

what??? ebay DO sell satchels.. I just got slugged $10.50 the ebay "help" folks are telling me I chose signature when I did not..Get your facts straight davewill Ebay sell 500 gram & 3 kg satchels..

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay does not sell anything.

Do you mean that you bought a postage label from Australia Post via ebay?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

what happened was we normally just choose 500 gram satchel option...for some reason ebay charged the signature option..we DID not chose it... it just happend and added it ..wonder if thats the default set up??..if so thats very sneaky & covert..

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Just cancel it and redo it without YOUR stuff up. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Ahh, so you bought a postage label. Different thing entirely.

SOD is an option, but if I use it I have to select it. And next time it is unselected.

Also, before you generate the label, the price is displayed, so that gives you a chance to check before you commit. If you check, of course.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

As already suggested cancel it and then re do with the correct postage you choose.

It will take 20 days for the credit to show on your account though as they need to wait for proof you will not use it and still ask for the credit.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

If satchel with signature was accidently chosen at time of listing, then it will be the default choice when it comes to printing a label.

In any event  when processing postage you are made aware of the cost prior to completing the transaction and have every opportunity to change it.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The listing for the England Jersey says 500 g satchel + signature

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply