10 % increase in ebay fees, is this just the start ?

Just got this message from ebay. They have announced 10% + fee increases for sellers of automotive parts. I wonder if this is the start of another round of fee hikes across the board ?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Over the past few years we’ve been investing in the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category through initiatives such as eBay Garage, eBay Plus, Guaranteed Delivery and the parts catalogue. 

So that we can continue to provide you with the best platform to grow your business, we’re adjusting our rate card and pricing for this category. 

New Final Value Fees for Vehicle Parts & Accessories 

Starting 15 April 2019, we’re moving the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category into a new Final Value Fee pricing tier. 

Final Value Fees are based on a percentage of the total amount paid by the buyer (including postage and handling). How much you pay depends on your eBay Store Package and in which category you listed the item. 

Here are the new Final Value Fees* for items sold in the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category: 

• Basic Store Package: 8.8% (current 8.0%) 

• Featured Store Package: 8.0% (current 7.2%) 

• Anchor Store Package: 7.2% (current 6.4%) 

*Percentage of the total amount of the sale excl. GST.

Learn More About This Price Change > 

For more information on the latest price update and what they mean for you, please contact ourCustomer Support team. 

As always, thank you for choosing to sell on eBay. 

Sincerely, 
The eBay Team
© eBay Inc. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I've never understood why car parts were always different for eBay. I've noticed when 10% off vouchers come up, most of them have car parts as not included in the offer. I could never figure out why they single this category out.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It's still significantly less than media.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I've never understood why car parts were always different for eBay. I've noticed when 10% off vouchers come up, most of them have car parts as not included in the offer. I could never figure out why they single this category out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't understand why they do that either. It  must be a money grab, or some silly logic like cars are big, so parts must be big,so fees must be big. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply