100 Free Listings

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/5520

Got it in an email, but was also there in my promotion section already activated, so check your selling page. I don't know if there is a glitch, but mine is currently saying 0 used -1 left. I haven't tried to list anything yet.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: 100 Free Listings

I currently have -47 left in the promotional section.
Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

Minus 47. Weird! So you've used 53 of them today?

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

Yes, I got that one too.  Don't think I will bother.  The last offer from eBay 10 listings for free (no listing and no fvf) has resulted in two sales (finish tomorrow), compared with over12 sales on my other selling venue ( e t s y).  

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

"You asked, we listened. You can list 100 items FREE every day*"

*Applies to insertion fees only. Final Value Fees and other fees may apply.  -  Is what it says on the email.

First impression is that eBay did finally did listen to what has been said so often, for so long.

But typical - there's always a catch isn't there.  

Nothing about limited time, no roll-overs, etc.

Who (who is not a store) would have 2800 items to list over the next 4 weeks.

C'mon!!

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

@clickbaitoz wrote:

i came on the boards to post abou this very issue. I don't think i want to bother with this one, its too confusing & seems like maybe a sneaky attempt to trick sellers into listing more than they get for free then end up paying listing fees.

In the link for the T&C http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/5520 it says under 'what is the promotion?' ..'If you do not list 100 items per day, the number of free insertion fees will not rollover and will be forfeited. The number of eligible listings will refresh daily..'

What that means is, you are getting 100 free listings a day. If today you only list 80, you would have 20 left. If you don't use them, tomorrow you'll have 100 new free listings, not 120. Therefore, you forfeit them, as in lose them. Tomorrow is a new day, just like every day life. You can't go back to yesterday.

The only way you'll end up paying fees is if you have 1,000 active listings in 4 weeks when the promo ends and they auto relist. As long as you stop them relisting when the promo ends, you won't pay any extra fees apart from FVF's.

See, it's not that confusing after all! Your loss if you don't take advantage of it. Everyone was complaining the free listing promotions stopped. They give us one and now people don't want to use it.

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

"You asked, we listened. You can list 100 items FREE every day*"

*Applies to insertion fees only. Final Value Fees and other fees may apply.  -  Is what it says on the email.

First impression is that eBay did finally did listen to what has been said so often, for so long.

But typical - there's always a catch isn't there.  

Nothing about limited time, no roll-overs, etc.

Who (who is not a store) would have 2800 items to list over the next 4 weeks.

C'mon!!

Me!!! Just depends on if I can be bothered photographing them and then listing them. I know that even if I got everything photographed over several days, I still wouldn't be able to list 100 items a day. Plus on my big account I have a listing limit of 512, so that stops me listing 2,800 items. Other accounts have limits of 100 and 50.

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@clickbaitoz wrote:

i came on the boards to post abou this very issue. I don't think i want to bother with this one, its too confusing & seems like maybe a sneaky attempt to trick sellers into listing more than they get for free then end up paying listing fees.

In the link for the T&C http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/5520 it says under 'what is the promotion?' ..'If you do not list 100 items per day, the number of free insertion fees will not rollover and will be forfeited. The number of eligible listings will refresh daily..'

What that means is, you are getting 100 free listings a day. If today you only list 80, you would have 20 left. If you don't use them, tomorrow you'll have 100 new free listings, not 120. Therefore, you forfeit them, as in lose them. Tomorrow is a new day, just like every day life. You can't go back to yesterday.

The only way you'll end up paying fees is if you have 1,000 active listings in 4 weeks when the promo ends and they auto relist. As long as you stop them relisting when the promo ends, you won't pay any extra fees apart from FVF's.

See, it's not that confusing after all! Your loss if you don't take advantage of it. Everyone was complaining the free listing promotions stopped. They give us one and now people don't want to use it.

Where do you get this from?  There's nothing in the terms to say they can't auto relist in the normal way, which means you could put them all on 30 days and have 3,100 listings running for the next 160 days (if you have no listing limits).  Or you could run 100 x 1-day auctions each day for the next month and change them to 30 days BIN on the last day.  If you put them on 1-day auctions that AR, you could do 400 x 1-day auctions over 4 days, and have them continue to run all month, then the next month on 30 days.

Nice to have them but I'm unlikely to use any of them.

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

That is great, I am still on holidays , home in a week, so will be able to put all my listings back on over a couple of days. Here's me thinking at 40 per month, it would take awhile. Pleased I came over to have a look at whats going on around the ridges. Happy selling.
Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

It would be nice if eBay could monitor these discussions so they could explain the situation and end the confusion.

I will put the offer to the test today when I run out of the 40 regular listings and see if I.m charged for the 41st.

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

You're right, I misworded that in a big way! What it WOULD mean was you'd have 100's of unsolds in your unsold section. If they were listed as GTC and they all relisted automatically then yes, you'd get hit with a whole heap of fees.

I think that's why in the past when they'd have listing promotions I didn't go nuts listing hundreds of items. I knew that once they'd ended, they'd just sit there, with the risk of them disappearing after 90 days. I didn't use Turbo Lister or anything, so couldn't keep them longer than 90 days. I know in the past people would come here begging for free listings because they had all these unsolds that they wanted to relist.

I don't know what's so confusing to people. This is no different to every other free listing promotion they've had. Yes it is, it's better. Would there be all this confusion if they just called it unlimited free listings for 4 weeks, where it doesn't even appear in the promotion section of your selling page? How hard can it be? You can list 100 items a day. If you don't list 100 items today, you still only have 100 tomorrow. You can do that for a whole month, instead of only 4 or 5 days. There's a few here that are wearing tin foil hats I think. EBay gives them something for nothing and they think there's a catch.

If you get hit with insertion fees, ring eBay and get them removed. They do do that you know, when there are promo glitches. Easy peasy.

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply