100 Free Listings

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/5520

Got it in an email, but was also there in my promotion section already activated, so check your selling page. I don't know if there is a glitch, but mine is currently saying 0 used -1 left. I haven't tried to list anything yet.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

100 Free Listings

tippy, the confusion arises from the fact that the counter shows 0 used, -1 remaining, and new listings coming off the 40 free instead of the promotion, as is usually the case. You clearly have a  lower confusibility quotient than the rest of us.

Nevertheless, I've received a response from eBay support which sheds some light on this matter and I hope they do not mind me sharing the central part of it with you:

"The promotion is for 100 Free Listings everyday for the next 31 days and runs from July 6 to August 7. The 100 Free Listings promo entitles you with 100 free listings every 24 hours so I believe it would still not count if it would use up your 40 Free Listings as this promo would cover you for a month and before the promo will end, your 40 Free Listings will renew for the next month.

So I would suggest that you disregard the -1 as our Technical Team is still working on it, but rest assured that the 100 Free Listings promo will be honoured and apply on your account everyday after your 40 Free Listings are all used up."

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

Yes, mine is the same showing -1.

I listed some things last night and they came off my normal listings - the promotion is still showing -1.

Not working I guess!

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

Just noticed this while checking on my PC - doesn't show up when checking on ipad ap - as it happens I have a huge backlog of things like magazine issues which I'd been rationing out so as not to swamp the 40 per month limit, so this is v.good for me. What I WILL be doing though, is not having these extra listings set to auto-relist after 30 days. Imagine if you exploited this to its full potential, and then got hit with more than 2,500 insertion fees the next month. I assume that's what would happen. Maybe they're counting on a few people not thinking of that 😕

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

Auto relists are free, unless they are GTC, so they should be good for 120 days...

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

acenyg
Community Member

Wow! What an offer! So down that I didn't get this 😞 Oh well!

Really could have used them at the moment! Happy selling everyone!

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

Have you actually checked the 'promotions' section of your 'My eBay'?

It seems to have been a blanket offer, no opt-in required.

I got the email on one account, but the promo was automatic on both my non-store accounts.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

For the skeptics that say it's a big glitch and eBay are trying to rip you off because of the counter,  I finally used my free 40 on one account, so listings after that came off the promotion. Instead of counting down like previous promos, it counts up. As you can see in the screenshot below. Of course that now it's after midnight it has reset to 0 and -1, but earlier it was like this. I double checked when listing and it said $0.00 listing fees. I have no idea why the counter is counting up rather than down, but it's a working promotion and eBay aren't trying to rip you off.

100 a day promo.jpg

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

My counter has been stuck at -61 for 5 days. I used all my free 40 listings and some of the 100 on the first day. It makes me nervous that the counter hasn't reset. Isn't it supposed to reset each night at midnight?
Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

Mine did.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

100 Free Listings

Mine has not reset at all since it started so making sure I check it says $0.00 before I list just in case, loving the freebies.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply