100 free listing offers & the 40 free listings a month, question

if youre eligible for the 40 freebies a month and get a 100 free listings offer

....and use the 100 freebies ..does that cancel out the 40 freebies for that month?

anyone?...does anyone know, do ebay know themselves?

....they wont answer me :tanti:X-(

Signatures suck.
Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: 100 free listing offers & the 40 free listings a month, question

Sorry, kazam, but you are incorrect. If you are restricted to 100 sales per month the maximum you can have listed is 100 less any sales made that month. You can use 140 free listings a month (or 240 in June 2013), but not all going at the same time.

Message 31 of 47
Latest reply

I don't know where you're getting your information from dave or whether you're speaking from experience?

I thought your listing restrictions are determined by how many items are listed NOT by how many items are sold

i have a vague memory i tried to top up so to speak and it showed a charge 

Sorry davewil, but you are incorrect.  You can have your 100 free listings (when offered) PLUS the standard 40 for the month.  So any one ID offered 100 free can potentially have 140 currently listed items.  Once listings do drop off, you can only list for free again within the month if eBay re-offers the free listing promotion.

yes i believe that is true, say if selling accounts can sell more then 150 + items a month 

Signatures suck.
Message 32 of 47
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

I think we are talking two different issues here.  If your selling restrictions are 100 per month (of which 40 are free - and you pay for the other 60), then yes 100 is the maximum you can have listed.

BUT when eBay offers 100 FREE listings over a weekend, that is a BONUS EXTRA OVER your listed items, and selling restrictions.

Early in June, I used some of my 40 free, PLUS 100 free, say 120 listings.  No charges, no eBay saying I couldn't do that.  I have continued to use the balance of my 40 during the month, and have listed 100 free again when offered - still over the 100, and no hiccups.

Message 33 of 47
Latest reply

Curious 5kaz, On your Monthly selling limits.. have you checked it lately?

On my other newish selling account @ around 30 FBs it dramatically increased to 230 probably because i'm an excellent seller 😄

I did not received 100 free listing offers on that account not untill my selling limits reached 100 and i still wasn't able to list the extra 40 not untill my selling limits reached 150. 

Signatures suck.
Message 34 of 47
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

I've just had a scrounge around, and can't find anything where it tells me my selling limits.  All I can remember from way back when I started with eBay was they lifted my limit to 100, and as far as I know they haven't offered me a higher limit.

I do hear where you are coming from though, and maybe my limit is 150. 

Do you know where I would find the info??

Message 35 of 47
Latest reply

go to 'my ebay' : summary. on the left pane, scroll down to 'sell' and click 'All Selling'

this page also shows your listing offers (on the bottom) to keep track while listing freebies

Signatures suck.
Message 36 of 47
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

It doesn't show listing limits on this ID.  It does on my other one (which is a much newer id).  It does show how many listings I have left of the FB's when I scroll down to the bottom, but not my listing limits.  Strange!!!

Message 37 of 47
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

Just figured I should add that maybe I shouldn't comment on what can and can't be done, when I have no idea what my listing limit is.  Apologies if I have misled anyone.

Message 38 of 47
Latest reply

Some sellers were fortunate enough to receive 100 freebies twice in June, giving them a total of 200 free listings for the month, the recent offer does not expire until midnight tonight.  So yes some were fortunate enough to receive 240 in total for June.

Once you accept the offer any remaining free listings within your regular 40 per month are put on hold to use once the 100 have been used.  But today is the first, all 40 free listing options rolled over today, so any unused are gone anyway,  If you have not used up your 100 you have till tonight to do so, any subsequent listings you start after midnight will then come off your 40 for July.:|

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 39 of 47
Latest reply

It doesn't show listing limits on this ID.

yep, same with this established ID i use for posting, its possibly unlimited too   

It does on my other one (which is a much newer id).  It does show how many listings I have left of the FB's when I scroll down to the bottom, but not my listing limits.  Strange!!!

Monthly listing limits should show on the top of that page

Signatures suck.
Message 40 of 47
Latest reply