2016 Seller defects

Hi, 

i was just looking at Ebays test report on my last months sales,as it would apply to next year.I have a 1 day handling time and Ebay says i would have gained a defect for a sale on Friday the 9th,which i posted on Monday the 12th with tracking.Late delivery to carrier is the reason given so im wondering when they expect a Friday sale to be posted,on Saturday ?

If this is the rule they are implementing,i will have to increase my handling time  or get defects every week.I looked carefully at there report,can anyone tell me if im wrong please.

Thanks Brad                                                                   

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

2016 Seller defects

I think eBay thinks every day is a business day. I left feedback for a seller last night and that stupid question about whether my item arrived inside the estimate asked if my item arrived before Sunday 15th November. Sundays shouldn't come into it as far as I'm concerned.

I panic when there is a long weekend that isn't observed in every state. Buyer buys and pays on Friday night, you don't post until Tuesday, buyer gets upset because it took 4 days for you to post it, when in actual fact it was only 1 business day. I now send buyers a message on long weekends that aren't nationwide "Due to the long weekend in NSW this weekend, I am unable to post your item until Tuesday". Given my handling time is 5 days, I shouldn't have to do that.

If you think this could be an issue for you next year, I'd be extending your handling time. Most buyers don't give 2 hoots about premium badges and whatnot. If nothing else, it gives you a bit of breathing space and reduces the stress levels a bit. You can still post same or next day, but if covers you for normal weekends and long weekends that as far as eBay is concerned, are normal business days (in my opinion).

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

Thanks for that,i agree a longer handling time is required.I dont think the Ebay badges increase sales at all so i may as well,i still post next working day anyway.

Thanks Brad 

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

Doesn't it go by when you mark it as posted? And does that mean you can get defects if you don't mark stuff as posted at all?

just mark it posted on Friday then still post Monday. That said a lot of post offices are open Saturday and many are open every day. 

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

really a post office open on sunday? where? if its open on sunday, I'd be extremely surprised if any items are picked up by the post on the sunday...?

seller defects that annoy me is the nice feedback, no emails from the buyer and then they low rate you on the dashboard...and thats after a low best offer...  all I can do is put them on my special list

...yeh I know move on!

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

Marking an item as "Posted" is just an admin thing and will not be taken into account in the event of an INR claim.

What they are looking for is proof of lodgement showing the tracking number and it being date/time stamped as lodged at a PO.

In the case where a tracked item is lost (never delivered) then this lodgement scan will be the only scan event to show on the tracking status. If you do not have that you will lose the INR case. This is exactly why you should not drop tracked items into red street boxes (or yellow if express), as you don't have this lodgement scan event.

So if your local PO is open on a Saturday morning (and some are) you could take your items in and have them scanned in as lodged on the Saturday. In reality tho it will sit in their back room until Monday when it will go to the nearest distribution centre. But you would be covered as it was clearly lodged within 24-hours if they ordered on a Friday night.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

We aren't talking about inr we are talking defects for postage time aren't we?

Yes my local post office in the major shopping centre where I used to live is open Saturday until 12.30 as are many of them. and smaller LPO outlets like the ones in corner stores are open 7 days. True it doesn't leave until Monday but if they get pedantic about postage times there are options.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

@bradcon02 wrote:

Hi, 

i was just looking at Ebays test report on my last months sales,as it would apply to next year.I have a 1 day handling time and Ebay says i would have gained a defect for a sale on Friday the 9th,which i posted on Monday the 12th with tracking.Late delivery to carrier is the reason given so im wondering when they expect a Friday sale to be posted,on Saturday ?

If this is the rule they are implementing,i will have to increase my handling time  or get defects every week.I looked carefully at there report,can anyone tell me if im wrong please.

Thanks Brad                                                                   

I would of gained 4 for exactly the same reason.

I did get one last month for the same reason.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

Yay, under the new system I have defects for items delivered late even though I shipped within 1 business day (as stated in my listings & policy) and have tracking proof.

One was even posted same day, within 2 hours, as they purchased just as I was about to head out to the post office!

Another wasn't even delivered late. It was purchased too late in the day to lodge over the counter, sent express post the next day and delivered overnight.

Crazy. Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

2016 Seller defects

If your lodgement acceptance scan shows it was lodged inside your stated handling time you should not have received a late delivery hit. If you are using Aust Post this should all be automatic ad they are the only carrier whose tracking system they can see into at the moment.
If you are using another carrier then a phone call showing them your lodgement scanevent should see the hit removed.
So I would be on the phone to them.
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply