2016 Seller defects

Hi, 

i was just looking at Ebays test report on my last months sales,as it would apply to next year.I have a 1 day handling time and Ebay says i would have gained a defect for a sale on Friday the 9th,which i posted on Monday the 12th with tracking.Late delivery to carrier is the reason given so im wondering when they expect a Friday sale to be posted,on Saturday ?

If this is the rule they are implementing,i will have to increase my handling time  or get defects every week.I looked carefully at there report,can anyone tell me if im wrong please.

Thanks Brad                                                                   

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: 2016 Seller defects

@lurehouse wrote:

This whole new deficit system is desigined to get rid of small to medium dellers as ebay know we do not have the turn over in sales like the big chain stores such as Hardly Normal. They know if will eventually catch up with us and we will go down in the searches sooner or later, they just keep making it harder and harder................

I believe this too. Big organizations will have standing daily pick ups to verify shipping. You need high turnover to justify doing that.

In reality big organizations often actually have slower shipping times. While many small sellers pride themselves on quick personal service.

The other reason for having lodged tracking is i am now getting an increase in demands to know why I haven't shipped an item yet (as opposed to has it been posted) simply because it doesn't have lodgement scan, buyers know that initiated does not mean in transit, they are expecting lodgement scans. I believe this is also a motivation behind Ebays policy no matter how impractical. Buyers want to know its real status from start to finish.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

I am not going to worry myself silly over getting and entering lodging and tracking scans. I am just going to continue to do what I have always done. Then if there is a problem I will then upload tracking details and deal it. Until then I will not change the way I do business.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Isn't it really ironic that this beast we created as small sellers from the start is now going to consume us and spit us out the back door.

Every dog has it's day though and once we are gone which is what the large chain stores want they will desert ebay as will not need them they all have there own websites. Tthis whole system is to get rid of us as we dared to take a little from there bottom line.................

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

I am not going to worry myself silly over getting and entering lodging and tracking scans. I am just going to continue to do what I have always done. Then if there is a problem I will then upload tracking details and deal it. Until then I will not change the way I do business.

This is definately another approach, it means not using ebay labels, if sellers stop doing that it may impact ebay. It is the ebay label system with its auto "initiated" tracking that is dobbing sellers in.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

This is definately another approach, it means not using ebay labels, if sellers stop doing that it may impact ebay. It is the ebay label system with its auto "initiated" tracking that is dobbing sellers in.

Only those who don't lodge over the counter.

If my PO is busy, I just leave them and get the lodgement receipt later on.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Ended up getting my defects under the new system removed.

I contacted eBay online asking for a review and received a reply suprisingly quickly.

The first rep couldn't see any problem with those transactions. I replied with a screen shot and more info and the second rep removed them without hassle.

So overall a good result, but since I had uploaded tracking it really should have been picked up automatically.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Only those who don't lodge over the counter.

If my PO is busy, I just leave them and get the lodgement receipt later on.

Correct. Problem is many simply can't get to POs that readily and have to rely on street boxes. Thats the whole point of having a prepaid postal system.

Haven't used any of the self service terminals being introduced yet, can you scan and go with these to avoid queues?  

Even if AP introduced after hours scanned drop boxes it would make things easier. eg library style drop boxes at outlets that are scanned at outlet when they open in the morning rather than waiting until item passes through a delivery center. If Libraries have been capable of doing this for years why not AP? 

What is the point of tracking if its not tracked when in APs posession? At the end of the day it is a reasonable question from a buyers perspective. Its not really tracking, its recorded delivery with partial tracking.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

The self scanning terminals don't work with click & send or eBay labels.
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply