21 day funds hold policy

Can anyone find the actual listed policy for the 21 day holds?

I have contacted paypal several times in the last week and had them clear my funds yet everytime something sells Im back in the same loop.

So when did they ammend the terms and conditions and when did we agree to them?

Where is the policy on eBays website as according to their customer service team the policy doesn't exist online.

I have met all the requirements that I can see 25 sales over 90 days since first sale and over $250 in sales so I dont see how the can continue holding our funds.

Until the issue is resolved I'm considering removing all my listings from eBay as its getting beyond a joke ringing paypal everytime an item sells.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

21 day funds hold policy

you are not alone unfortunately. There have been many threads about this. Not sure what the answer is. The policy was last updated the 18th November

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/security/sell-saferpayments  click on the see terms link in the first paragraph it will take you to the policy

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

We opened a formal complaint with the FOS.

Within 48-hours they had released all our funds and sent us an email saying so and that it should not happen again.

Our paypal account is connected to more than one selling ID. One of them more than 10-years old without any kind of disputes opened against us at all. They were withholding funds against the newest selling ID which is under 90-days old.

It was based on these grounds that I asserted that they have no right to withhold our funds.

But they would not listent to reason over the phone first, only when the FOS got involved.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

That's good to know Clarry. I have a new ID ready to go but I was hesitant to start using it because of this stoopid rule even though it has the same paypal account linked.

Surely if the FOS gets so many complaints they will have to do something, at least one can only hope so.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

See the thread "OMG I nearly fell off my perch" for a copy of the email my mate got from PayPal. Lodging a complaint if you have a new account linked to an established linked account, using the same PayPal account WORKS! Sooner ot later they are going to get sick of the complaints.....not to mention the fines they get hit with each time we send one.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

Paypal have been fantastic, they release the funds as soon as I call.

What is FOS?

I didnt think eBay could enforce this without listing to policy change on eBay website and notifing us when we log in that the policy has changed?

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

FOS = Financial Ombudsman Service

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

@bentbitz-retrogaming wrote:

Paypal have been fantastic, they release the funds as soon as I call.

What is FOS?

I didnt think eBay could enforce this without listing to policy change on eBay website and notifing us when we log in that the policy has changed?

it is a paypal policy change and all   paypal account holders were sent an email

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

@putney32 wrote:

it is a paypal policy change and all   paypal account holders were sent an email

No they weren't. My mate knew nothing about it. First he knew about it was when his 12th sale had a message under it saying funds wouldn't be released until early December (9th from memory). He opened his new account before the 18th, so by rights, should have got an email if that's how they notified people.

Bentbit, I think it's a bit rough that you have to ring every time, especially when they specified the reasons that would get the funds released early. Sadly, you could do exactly what they say and you still have to ring to get the funds released. Why issue that statement saying uploading tracking numbers, marking as posted etc, etc if they're not going to do it without a phone call?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

21 day funds hold policy

I haven't received anything from Paypal to let me know they've had a policy change either, not for several months. By the same token, my funds weren't put on hold and the entire balance has remained available for withdrawal if I'd required it.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply