$30 voucher promotion

When I went to list item for sale on 12th June, there was promotion indicating sell $100 and get $30 voucher. I clicked on it and it told me I had 10 days to make this sale. I got on chat with one of the operator to clarify this and I was told that I was participating. Today, I got on chat to see progress and operator told me that I can only participate if I received invitational email.  So, my question is, why the Hell did that pop up for me to click on and operator told me that I was participating and will receive the voucher on 28th June?

Its clear case that I have been lied to and mislead... Surprise, surprise.. I love surprises..

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: $30 voucher promotion

It was actually manually added by support. I linked the promo. They checked my selling history, and gave me the code "as a courtesy."
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

I received the $30 offer - valid until 26/7/2018.

In Terms and Conditions it reads:

• Vouchers will be issued to eligible customers by email from 1 August 2018. The voucher redemption code will also be available in the voucher section of your My eBay account.
  • The eBay voucher must be redeemed by 1 August 2018 on www.ebay.com.au, after which time the voucher expires and will no longer be valid. 

So vouchers will be sent from 1 August 2018 but must be redeemed by 1 August 2018. 

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Yeah my $50 voucher offer says that too. Must be a mistake. Will keep a close eye on it on 1st August if I qualify and see what it says.
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

what day is it?Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Today's Friday.

1 August is a Wednesday.

I've never heard of Friday altering T&Cs of offers, but anything is possible in the wacky world of eBay.

...... I just had a lightbulb lamp moment - maybe wacky backy use is a prerequisite for employment with eBay at every level.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I was given a $30 credit by Ebay. I bought a DVD called Sputnik for $13.60. So the $30 voucher should have covered the cost of this DVD I bought. I actually had to pay $1.24 for this DVD and when I tried to spend the other $17.64 I was told by EBay that I had already applied the code. Ebay are a law unto themselves and I don't think they realise they are violating Australian Consumer Law.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@chahor-94 wrote:

..................and when I tried to spend the other $17.64 I was told by EBay that I had already applied the code. Ebay are a law unto themselves and I don't think they realise they are violating Australian Consumer Law.

And I'm guessing you couldn't be bothered reading the T&C's for that voucher.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

...Or that is unlikely to be the same voucher issue from over FOUR years ago, when eBay Plus didn't exist.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply