40 free listings should be increased for sellers without a store

Why can't ebay increase the amount to 250 or so for sellers without a store? Especially now that the other promos are pretty much gone.

ebay will still be making money with the fvf and small sellers can at least list a decent amount of items without having to open a store.

Message 1 of 106
Latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: 40 free listings should be increased for sellers without a store

@pupeteo wrote:

And no I won't be paying over $400 in fees because I will of course take them off myself before they are relisted thanks.

Surely with the amount of sales you're making wouldn't that be akin to cutting your nose off to spite your face ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 106
Latest reply

@pupeteo wrote:

And you seriously expect me to beieve you people don't work for ebay?!  The same few people talking trash to people daring to ask a question about anything. LOL amazing!

How about you give your 'decent' answers first next time instead of your smart ass ones.

Thanks ebay workers/sucks.

I dont work for ebay, ebay works for me. And when it reaches the point that it doesnt work for me anymore, I'll move onto something else.

As for why your opening comments attracted negative responses, I would suggest it was your self entitled attitude that got people offside. You have over 400 listings, you have over 120 sales in 90 days, some for pretty reasonable dollar amounts, maybe you could explain in a rational way why you dont believe you should pay for the listing services you are using.

Message 22 of 106
Latest reply

All my answers are decent.

I learnt long ago to speak to people in the language they seem to understand.

So combative, denigrative posts generally mean a poster wouldn't understand the finer nuances of fact. And I respond accordingly, especially when said posters accuse anybody of posting facts that don't fit their paradigm as being eBay employees.

For your information, any eBay employee who posts on the boards MUST identify themselves as such and their posts will have a pretty pink border. Good luck finding one. Except in the 'Update' threads they are few and far between, unlike the US where eBay does actually have staff who respond to member concerns.

Message 23 of 106
Latest reply

The amount of sales huh?  Oh dear...

Message 24 of 106
Latest reply

@pupeteo wrote:

Well I thought YOU being a worker was obvious.

Awww, that's more like it. I feel a new sense of fulfillment now. 

Spoiler
I'm feeling the love.
Spoiler
Can you feel it too?
Spoiler
Please tell me you can feel it.
Spoiler
Oh dang, I've got that warm fuzzy feeling again.
Spoiler
Doeth.
Message 25 of 106
Latest reply

@pupeteo wrote:

Yep, the ones that'll drop by a very significant percentage if you go from close to 500 listings to 40.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 106
Latest reply

Your jealousy is laughable. I obviously don't think I should pay fees because I am so 'speshul',us self entitled people are like that. But please keep telling yourselves how super wonderful you are.

This has been fun though.

Message 27 of 106
Latest reply

@pupeteo wrote:

So the amount of sales has no relevance to the viability of opening a store?

I thought that was the main criterion. Silly me. I'd better close my store and hope that eBay will gift me enough freebies to cover the 1460 items that will otherwise sit in unsold.

Message 28 of 106
Latest reply

I'll make sure to cry about it too.
Message 29 of 106
Latest reply

@pupeteo wrote:

Your jealousy is laughable. I obviously don't think I should pay fees because I am so 'speshul',us self entitles people are like that. But please keep telling yourselves how super wonderful you are.

This has been fun though.

Oh, hasn't it? Best entertainment we've had since yesterday. Hopefully this doesn't get nipped in the bud as quick as that one. I want to see it escalate!

Message 30 of 106
Latest reply