9 Items listed, only one shows in search

For example, I have 9 Tea Towels listed, yet only one shows up when I search for them.  If I add the word Linen, then I get a few more.... what the?  Same goes for Aprons of which I have 7 listed... not all show up.

Discovered this by accident when sorting through stock.... no wonder some things are sitting on the shelf.  How many other items are affected like this?  Does anyone else have this problem.... that they are aware of?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: 9 Items listed, only one shows in search

I have found this to be the case for sellers with large numbers of items. Eg a seller with 500+ bandanas but only less than one hundred displayed when I searched to see all. When I do a general search with thousands of results, the same happens. This has been the case for a couple of years,I think. I did read somewhere that this was done  to limit the workload the ebay system needs to do.

When I search my own listings (300), I see them all, but it may be different for buyers.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I have read somewhere that specifics are very important -  you need to fill in as many specifics as possible now

so for

Vintage Cotton Half Apron Orange Apples Pineapple Grapes Large Pocket

there are no specifics at all.

Spoiler
note that sometimes this is because the ebay gremlins delete them when they muck about with categories
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

That's interesting, because that apron actually does show for me.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply