A new Facebook group for eBay sellers.

There is a new Facebook group for sellers, and in fact anyone who want to post thoughts and opinions they may not be comfortable doing here. It is a great place to meet other sellers chat and get help if needed.

The Facebook group is open to anyone who wishes to join and post about eBay without boring their friends and family.

Only those who join the group can see the posts, but anyone can join, including eBay staff if they wish.

Members are free to post links to their business as well as non-eBay businesses. We can't do that on here.

The group got almost 100 members in 1 day.

The group is.

eBay Sellers Australia

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: A new Facebook group for eBay sellers.

Chat is fine, but remember it is out on the web. Just dont say or do something you may wish you never said.

Just chat and post with care.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

I won't go on facebook either, mainly because once you subscribe no matter how hard you try you can't UNsubscribe.

While you're on there dicko ask the posters if they think half or more of their watchers are just ebay planting numbers next to their lisitngs to appease them ..... as in keep them living in hope that they may have a buyer when in fact it is probably only an ebay staffer.

How many have noticed Watchers vanish 2 seconds after their auction finishes unsold ?  I've noticed this a lot in the recent weeks, it never used to happen before, people would 'keep watching' the item long after it had finished.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Some on facebook really know how to chat and forget about the eBay boards lol:-)

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

I won't go on facebook either, mainly because once you subscribe no matter how hard you try you can't UNsubscribe.

While you're on there dicko ask the posters if they think half or more of their watchers are just ebay planting numbers next to their lisitngs to appease them ..... as in keep them living in hope that they may have a buyer when in fact it is probably only an ebay staffer.

How many have noticed Watchers vanish 2 seconds after their auction finishes unsold ?  I've noticed this a lot in the recent weeks, it never used to happen before, people would 'keep watching' the item long after it had finished.

I will ask.

Some of us do chat waaaaaaaay tooo much.

๐Ÿ˜„

It is great over there, no moderation.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

eBay don't have enough staff to deal with customer service so to be honest I can't imagine them wasting time doing this.

Anyway I doubt eBay is trying to appease anyone ... if the seller can't make it on their own then they probably don't need them. They have too many sellers and not enough variety of product which is probably why their Top Rated Seller program just keeps getting harder and harder to qualify for.

I think what you might find surprising in the Facebook group is that there are some sellers who even in the current market are seeing their business grow.  They have learnt to roll with all the changes.

However it does get chaotic in that group with membership having reached 145 in just a couple of days and the posts being a mix of buying, selling, politics, etc (and not just eBay)

Joining does not mean you have to post. Anyone who is interested is welcome, even if you just want to have a quick look around and then drop out.  However, your opinions are most welcome (even though I might not agree with them :^O)

If you are new to facebook be sure to set your privacy settings before you join the group.  Even if you have an existing Facebook account, check first if you don't want everyone to be able to see your photos etc. 

BTW my name is Sonia and I am one of the group administrators ๐Ÿ™‚  I started it because I felt there was a need to be able to openly discuss online selling without fear of being PINK slapped.  If you post something and then have a rethink you can delete or edit your own post.  I hope we don't ever have to remove any posts, but obviously we won't tollerate trolls.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

calsof
Community Member

BTW my name is Sonia and I am one of the group administrators ๐Ÿ™‚  I started it because I felt there was a need to be able to openly discuss online selling without fear of being PINK slapped.  If you post something and then have a rethink you can delete or edit your own post.  I hope we don't ever have to remove any posts, but obviously we won't tollerate trolls.

Thank you, Sonia ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry,back on topic-I have no comment
Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Facebook have selling sites called buy swap and sell in most areas its free to sell its nothingto do with ebay I have sold a few things its a risk as sometimes buyers dont pick up items. A lot of sellers are doing very well as its free to list sell and no fees at the end its great

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

hey, might check this out & if its anygood I might give it a try, cheers ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

I hope you all read the new legal terms we agreed to with the changes.....

the ebay brand logo is not permitted to be displayed on any websites without explicit permission & similar legalities.

I think you will find ebay will be closely watching the thread for legal reasons, not because they are concerned about people having a discussion about selling/searching trends - figures etc.

Just be careful with your posts guys.

Perhaps you all need to read through Terms Of Agreement again...

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

I've just sent a request to join - not sure I'll be highly active, but I hope I'll be able to contribute constructively. (If my membership is accepted, anyway. :8} )

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply