ATT SELLERS POSTING TO OR WITHIN AUSTRALIA

jeamwe
Community Member
Hi, just a genuine plea to those who sell to or within Australia, please please stop using Australia Post as your delivery choice, they have become unreliable, incompetent and inefficient. Apart from charging high prices they loop deliveries in circles before they get to their destinations. They have been very inconsistent with scanning items lately, so you have no idea where your item is. They are extremely slow. And it just keeps getting worse but dont take my word on it, check this out https://www.productreview.com.au/p/australia-post.html

Please as least take this under consideration.

Im sick of receiving items in an unreliable and stressful manner.
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

jeamwe
Community Member
Lots of couriers deliver to my area, just asking sellers to use them.
Message 21 of 44
Latest reply

By all means you can ask sellers if they will use a certain courier but they are not obliged to do so....most sellers base their delivery services on what works for them.

And not all sellers have a high enough turnover to qualify for a contract with a courier.   The few courier services that will pick up and deliver one off parcels are few and far between and for the most part are the couriers that are most complained about.....think Fastway here.

Message 22 of 44
Latest reply

i disagree. australiapost is always good and delivery times are on timefor al items i have sold or bought.

The couriers services in my state - tasmania sux.

i have bought several items and the seller sends via courier and that seller has lost the $ for items because the courier DIDNT scan item barcode and whne i go to track item there is nothing. So i contac the seller to ask and they do the right thing and refund only for the item to be delivered a few days or a week later.

I have had a courier in my driveway looking for my item in his delivery van for 30mins once.

the item i bought was 2 meters long and .5meters wide. It was the biggest item in his van and he couldnt find for that long was a joke.  

Couriers send out new drivers on thier first days solo...

DHL dont service my state ( even though worldwide so they sub out other couriers... >.<

Aust post do a better job than any others here.

Sendle and other new wanna bes use left over space on all existing services to get items to you...... discount and secondary.

no room you will wait.

So i will only send via Aust Post period.

Message 23 of 44
Latest reply

No responsible courier company sends a new driver out alone on their first day.  Most of them give a weeks training (5 business days) at the very least.

However, if a new driver has already worked as a courier, depending on their level of experience they may only have one day with an experienced driver just to learn that company's routine and the required paperwork.

Message 24 of 44
Latest reply

@jeamwe wrote:
Lots of couriers deliver to my area, just asking sellers to use them.

So all sellers should cater to you, even if you never buy from them?

I am fairly sure you have never bought anything from me, so I won't be revising 2500 listings just because you don't want to wait a few days for ONLINE purchases. Not to mention the amount of money I would lose sitting around the house half the day waiting for the courier to collect.

Message 25 of 44
Latest reply

jeamwe
Community Member
No not at all... Just would be nice to have an alternative option.... Geez.. Lighten up mr grumpy.
Message 26 of 44
Latest reply

jeamwe
Community Member
I 100% agree with tippytoes idea of offering alternative delivery options for buyers. Would definately help me out. And to mr grumpy above me, im not waiting a couple days for items, im lucky if my interstate orders show up within 2 weeks with AP, if they show up at all. Its not right
Message 27 of 44
Latest reply

well FASTWAY do

Message 28 of 44
Latest reply

I must admit I am really lucky with my post office as they are a small village PO and they bend over backwards to aid me in my ebay enterprise. They always scan every parcel, check for signature and the like. They established an account so I could pay them monthly  and they are cheerful and chatty too. If I want bubble wrap urgently they fish through their stationery and if I have an awkward box size needed they will look for that too.

My NSW parcels are always quickly delivered throughout NSW, other states a bit slow but I am really happy with my lot. Couriers are out of the question, the village is half way between Coffs Harbour and Grafton inland so not an option. So whilst I get top knotch service from our local PO I will stay with them : )

Message 29 of 44
Latest reply

@elderbluedragon wrote:

well FASTWAY do

I presume this comment is in reply to my post where I say that not all courier companies will pick up and deliver one off parcels without the sender having a contract with them?

I have already acknowledged that fact....but I also qualified that remark by stating that they are one of the worst companies for service.

If you don't believe me, have a look at the reviews on the internet.  A bit closer to home you could also look on these boards.....there are a number of threads posted by ebay members about their bad experiences with Fastway.

Message 30 of 44
Latest reply