ATT SELLERS POSTING TO OR WITHIN AUSTRALIA

jeamwe
Community Member
Hi, just a genuine plea to those who sell to or within Australia, please please stop using Australia Post as your delivery choice, they have become unreliable, incompetent and inefficient. Apart from charging high prices they loop deliveries in circles before they get to their destinations. They have been very inconsistent with scanning items lately, so you have no idea where your item is. They are extremely slow. And it just keeps getting worse but dont take my word on it, check this out https://www.productreview.com.au/p/australia-post.html

Please as least take this under consideration.

Im sick of receiving items in an unreliable and stressful manner.
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Oh how I would love to use another service other than AP to send my parcels but the reality is that AP are the cheapest provider.  I have gone round and round with different companies asking for a better price to send poster tubes and no one can do it.

Sendle did offer me 12 months of free Premium account if I signed up but their shipping prices were still higher than AP so I had to decline.

Someone else who finds them more competitive for their own needs might want to try and ask if they can have the free 12 months offer.

Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

Find me someone else who will post games for $2 or $3 and I would gladly change.
Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

Sendle has a very limited 'service' area in Western Australia. They do not pick up from (nor deliver to) the regional centre of Western Australia in which I reside (population approx. 20,000), so I am unable to use them. I did send one parcel via Sendle when I was in Perth (which Sendle does service), and there were no problems, with quick delivery to an eastern states buyer.

Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

AM moving back to selling face to face (pickup only) and at car boot sales for the bulk of my stuff a few days a year without all the disgraceful mismanagement and overpriced barely functional services that ebay/auspost now routinely offer as the situation is getting worse and worse as time goes by .. the situation is now quite ridiculous with mail order in Australia especially with ebay and auspost continuously shatting in their own nests, their behaviour is akin to companies at the brink of insolvency/bankruptcy .. and a nod goes to ACCC for wrecking this emerging new industry (ecommerce) for Australians .. between this pack of racketeering thieves they have pretty much cooked the goose that laid the golden egg as far as I am concerned .. Fayed has left auspost barely functioning with a 10MIllion dollar golden handshake .. and I hear that there are wall to wall executives still at auspost and startrack express (the blue arm of auspost .. what a JOKE!!!)  who earn million dollar+ pay packets .. this is so unfair for our country .. politicians decide to turn a public utility into a sneaky tax and this is what happens .. by the way our political class also corporatised (for another sneaky tax and mega profits for their mates etc) our power, water and sewerage grids .. the pigeons are now coming home to roost .. a bitter pill for our country and the common man to be sure .. so the situation is our money gets pumped to the Cayman Islands, our jobs get pumped to China and the third world, we get 30,000 immigrants a month with 20,000 new jobs created .. if you check the jobsearch.gov.au you will see that most of the jobs are in fact fictitious and are just various agencies fishing for your personal data .. there is now too much dysfunction .. we are screwed .. well and truely ..

Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

Don't believe everything you read....the only part of AP that is not showing a huge profit is the letter delivery service which probably never will be profitable unless they raise the price of stamps to a level that no-one could afford.

All the parcel delivery services (including StarTrack) are doing very nicely thanks and can well and truly afford to subsidise the letter service.

What proof do you have of the wall to wall executives at AP and Blue Post earning these gigantic salaries?  There might be a few who are still on obscene amounts of money but I doubt that it is all that widespread and it certainly is not filtering through to the supervisors.

Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

jeamwe
Community Member
You seem very defensive for AP lyndal. Do you deny that they have become extremely unreliable?
Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

It is not defensiveness, I think you will find that it is a greater knowledge. Anyway, I have never had problems with AP service - either their timeliness or reliability.

I may not always be happy with changes in policies or constant charges with no corresponding rise in service, but all my parcels and letters arrive and I I always buy things with the understanding that they may take up to three weeks to arrive. I live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere so my expectations may not be as high as someone who lives in a city and expects service to be immediate.

I am grateful to have AP service as we don't have the access to freight services that other people have. Hey, if I wanted to send something with a freight service I can be waiting up to 10 days for them to have a truck coming through to pick it up. Been there, it is frustrating. 

Latest reply

@jeamwe wrote:
You seem very defensive for AP lyndal. Do you deny that they have become extremely unreliable?

Not defensive....just giving the other side of the story to bring a bit of perspective.....there are members here who will hammer AP for no particular reason other than they can.

I have no doubt that some people are having problems with AP but I have not had the problems that are being discussed.

In some instances mail is slower but I still get regular mail from Adelaide (to Sydney) in 4 days as has been happening for many years.

I have not noticed any particular change in the time my mail takes....it is the same as it was 10 years ago.  I never pay the 50cents for faster delivery and my mail still takes the same timethat it was taking many years ago.

I have had the same AP contractor for the last 11 years and his service is exemplary.   I have had a new postman for about 18 months after the previous one for 8 years....There has been no noticeable change in service.

We get 6 monthly magazine subscriptions here.....they are still arriving on the same day as they always have and I am pretty sure the publishers are not paying extra for faster delivery.

As far as my ebay parcels....I am one of those peculiar buyers who does not bother to track my parcels.  I buy, I pay and I wait patiently for the parcel to arrive.  On the rare occasion that it seems to be taking a bit long I might check the tracking....that seems to make the parcel arrive the next day.

If I want an item in a tight timeframe for a certain occasion I do not rely on buying it on ebay.....I buy it at the local shops.

I am not saying that nothing goes wrong with my mail but it is certainly not enough to make me run screaming to the boards complaining about AP.   The last time I had to ring AP about a missing parcel was at least 3 years ago but I regularly have to arrange redelivery of courier deliveries.

Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

jeamwe
Community Member
Ok well you must be lucky... I order online all the time as im rural and I have to call AP about once a week to make enquiries. My parcels have been lost, constantly delayed and travelling around australia in circles and some arent even getting scanned at all. Driving me nuts.
Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

Not too sure about being lucky but I do admit that I live in suburban Sydney so if the mail service here is no good then it is unlikely to be good anywhere.

Mail to rural areas is always going to be slower and more erratic but if you are rural then it may be your only way of getting regular deliveries.

I can assure you that it will not be any better by using couriers.....many courier companies will not deliver to rural areas and those that do usually only deliver to a depot that may be 200k from whre you are and you will need to pick up from there.

Be careful what you wish for before complaining about AP.

Message 20 of 44
Latest reply